Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, Xbox, Playstation)

techbeck
1 minute ago, George P said:

Yup all of those things need to be added back in with these future updates. 

Also we need to see some better representation of public transportation imo. 

You have the fast travel points and that's cool but I'd like to have some options to ride a bus or the trains and check out the city when I don't want to drive around. 

There is a video out there where someone discovered an unfinished train station.  You have to climb up on the tracks and there are doors into the building.  But it is way unfinished.  Also seeing there is a missing map as well.

George P
1 hour ago, techbeck said:

There is a video out there where someone discovered an unfinished train station.  You have to climb up on the tracks and there are doors into the building.  But it is way unfinished.  Also seeing there is a missing map as well.

Yeah, I've been following all these posts, it's clear that they haven't opened up the city as much as was originally the plan.  There's going to be something in the future with the space port for sure.  There's also items that help you breath/stay underwater for longer but we have no real underwater mission besides that little bit with Judy.   

Another thing you'll notice is that some doors don't give you a prompt or anything if you go up to them but others flat out say they're locked.  I think those will start to open up more, as well as gates that they've placed in parts to keep you from exploring them.    The huge stadium in Pacifica should be another thing that we get to explore later on as well, but right now there's no way to get into it that I've seen.

It would be cool to see post ending dlc that updates/opens up more of the city to play with as well as adding a bunch of new missions ofc.   

techbeck

On screen Dialogue Being stuck stopped so I guess temp bug. 

9 hours ago, George P said:

Yeah, I've been following all these posts, it's clear that they haven't opened up the city as much as was originally the plan.  There's going to be something in the future with the space port for sure.  There's also items that help you breath/stay underwater for longer but we have no real underwater mission besides that little bit with Judy.   

Another thing you'll notice is that some doors don't give you a prompt or anything if you go up to them but others flat out say they're locked.  I think those will start to open up more, as well as gates that they've placed in parts to keep you from exploring them.    The huge stadium in Pacifica should be another thing that we get to explore later on as well, but right now there's no way to get into it that I've seen.

It would be cool to see post ending dlc that updates/opens up more of the city to play with as well as adding a bunch of new missions ofc.   

Read some place cyberpunk is going to be multi-player and like gta online. 

Jose_49

I wanted to bring my experience to the table. So far, I've experienced some bugs leading me to reload the save point (nothing major, fortunately). No crashes. Currently running in Win 10 20H2, with a laptop Dell XPS 15 7590 @ GTX 1650 and an i7 9750H with 32GB RAM. Think I have around 20 - 25 hours of play time.

Currently playing at 22, 33 - 37, 44, 55 FPS (depends a lot on what's going on in the game.).. We know that driving is the biggest sucker. When there are a gazillion things happening my FPS can drop to 22, but that rarely happens. I'm averaging at 35-37 FPS on High Settings at 720p.

1080p was too much even on low settings.

900p was doing OK in low but I had some FPS issues (Probably the 99th percentile dropping below the 30s).

I finally set on 720p and was able to crank it to High settings! I'm pretty happy with the experience so far.

Now, besides the sporadic issues I'm so freaking loving this game. The story is amazing, I love the combat, and the many many things that you can do in the game... The dialog is superb as well.

George P
4 hours ago, techbeck said:

On screen Dialogue Being stuck stopped so I guess temp bug. 

Read some place cyberpunk is going to be multi-player and like gta online. 

The multi-player is going to be its own game like gta online but at this point I don't think we're going to get that till 2022.

Personally I'm fine with a single player only experience for this and am glad that they're splitting up MP into its own game. 

+LostCat

yeah the perf in this game is a bit wack, I mean on a 5700 XT I can barely hold 1440P above 30fps it seems which just seems wrong.  I had to switch back to my 32CHG70 to play it well with low framerates cause I still prefer the higher visuals.

But there's so much detail in the game when its maxed out it's crazy.

George P
56 minutes ago, LostCat said:

yeah the perf in this game is a bit wack, I mean on a 5700 XT I can barely hold 1440P above 30fps it seems which just seems wrong.  I had to switch back to my 32CHG70 to play it well with low framerates cause I still prefer the higher visuals.

But there's so much detail in the game when its maxed out it's crazy.

The last hotfix, 1.06 did improve performance for me a bit to where I moved a few more settings from med to high. But there's a weird bug now where I get some odd graphics glitches if I turn some specific shadow settings to high instead of medium. I forget the names but it's the first two shadow settings in the list. 

I might upgrade my gfx drivers and try again to see if that changes anything. 

techbeck
7 hours ago, George P said:

The multi-player is going to be its own game like gta online but at this point I don't think we're going to get that till 2022.

Personally I'm fine with a single player only experience for this and am glad that they're splitting up MP into its own game. 

Single player is still fun. How new content comes out soon. But still on my second play. 

• Like 1
techbeck
9 hours ago, George P said:

You get the pet cat yet?   Funny as it is mentioned they were extinct but there are 2 other cats in the game.  One outside Vic's shop and one during the main story like quest with Goro.

Also, the hidden quest to get the free bike?  I couldn't enter the code at the end of the mission to get the bike so the garage door never opened.  I got it tho with a bug/work around anyway.

George P

You get the pet cat yet?   Funny as it is mentioned they were extinct but there are 2 other cats in the game.  One outside Vic's shop and one during the main story like quest with Goro.

Also, the hidden quest to get the free bike?  I couldn't enter the code at the end of the mission to get the bike so the garage door never opened.  I got it tho with a bug/work around anyway.

Yup I got both of those already.   What I can't get to spawn is the free car you can get in the cave after you do one of Panams side missions.  No matter when I go, how much time I skip and reload, it never spawns.  

techbeck
12 minutes ago, George P said:

Yup I got both of those already.   What I can't get to spawn is the free car you can get in the cave after you do one of Panams side missions.  No matter when I go, how much time I skip and reload, it never spawns.  

Has to be done after the quest where you go in the ave after you kill that one guy.  You do it right after the quest is done?  Or do you wait a while/several days?   Pretty much drive far into the cave until the car icon appears on the map.

George P

Has to be done after the quest where you go in the ave after you kill that one guy.  You do it right after the quest is done?  Or do you wait a while/several days?   Pretty much drive far into the cave until the car icon appears on the map.

I've long done the quest, went all the way through the cave but nothing. All the other items in the shipping container are there and I grabbed them. No car though, I'll give it another try next time. 

techbeck
2 minutes ago, George P said:

I've long done the quest, went all the way through the cave but nothing. All the other items in the shipping container are there and I grabbed them. No car though, I'll give it another try next time. 

Odd. Been there the be both play thrus. Sure you didn't get it already? Could be a bug as I notice some bugs on certain platforms and not others. 

George P

A post from one of the CDPR developers said that people haven't found everything yet, very interesting. This shows that they have even more hidden side stuff and items out there. 

I keep hoping for a update on the big January patch but they're been quite so far. 

+LostCat
1 hour ago, George P said:

A post from one of the CDPR developers said that people haven't found everything yet, very interesting. This shows that they have even more hidden side stuff and items out there. 

I keep hoping for a update on the big January patch but they're been quite so far. 

90% of the time you see anything in January it's late January because of the holidays it seems.  I'm hoping for a few things to show up.

George P
2 minutes ago, LostCat said:

90% of the time you see anything in January it's late January because of the holidays it seems.  I'm hoping for a few things to show up.

Looks like it.  My hope is that it'd be around the 15th.  If it's later oh well but some news about what to expect in it would be nice. 

George P

A minor post from CDPR with a update roadmap as well.

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37298/our-commitment

The two big updates they've talked about will be v1.1 and v1.2.  It never made sense that 1.07 would be a "big" update.   After patch 1.2 they're going to be releasing more updates and free dlc for the rest of 2021.  So that's good news to me, specially if the free dlc isn't lame stuff like just cosmetics.  I think with the bad pr so far they'll be forced to give us some meaty stuff, like more side jobs etc.

*edit*  I just noticed reading towards the end of the page that the next update is coming in the next 10 days.  After that will be a bigger update, so sounds like we're in for another smaller hotfix maybe, 1.07, and then later on 1.1?

+E.Worm Jimmy

Honestly,  I was one of the most excited people for this game, I loved the cyberpunk literature classics (gibson and stephenson and dick in particular, but others were amazing too)

now, i just wish they manage to fix it up, and then focus on the next Witcher story.

to be honest - not interested in the 2 planned story DLCs at all.  cyberpunk genre is NOT their strength - or at least the way they see it, differs from my view by almost infinity.

i hope they don't forget Witcher (of course they won't, it is the money maker - Cyberpunk is in recovery, but i am not sure it will fully be good enough for real sequels) - and i hope they have the resources to focus on what they finally mastered - Witcher, not on new stuff.

Writing a new game engine at the same time as content - no wonder the actual programmers were stressed. WTF!!!

also, i had a rule to never pre-order but i made an exception for THIS ONE GAME.

never again.  final lesson learned.  NEVER EVER PRE-ORDER!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Usama Jawad96
      Cyberpunk 2077 DLC is still listed as coming in 'early 2021' but don't get your hopes up
      by Usama Jawad

Highly anticipated CD Projekt Red (CDPR) title Cyberpunk 2077 has had a messy launch, to say the least. Following numerous complaints about the game's performance on consoles, it was removed from the PlayStation Store, with full refunds available to both PlayStation and Xbox players. CDPR was also forced to issue a public apology about the state of its AAA title, and vowed to address concerns in 2021.

Recently, some news outlets have started highlighting that CDPR has published a new webpage which indicates that the company plans to release free DLC in "early 2021". Unfortunately, that's not quite right.

While the webpage is indeed live and legitimate, it was updated on December 13, as noted by Engadget, using the Internet Archive. This date falls before CDPR's apology on December 14. The webpage was just not picked up by outlets and fans back then.

Indeed, it would be strange for CDPR to suddenly start advertising new DLC when tens of thousands of people are bemoaning the pitiful state of the game on their respective machines. It is also important to note that the company has promised to release major patches in January and February this year.

That said, this also does not outright mean that DLC won't arrive in early 2021 at all. It is quite possible for different teams to be working on different portions of the game. Some could be working on optimization and performance tuning while others could be working on DLC. That said, it's probably safe to say that given the current situation, if CDPR does manage to hit its "early 2021" DLC deadline, it's going to be cosmetic DLC such as weapons and skins, or minor quests, rather than full-blown extra story content.

This would not be too different from the company's previous hit The Witcher 3, for which CDPR released multiple minor DLCs along with two excellent expansion packs in the form of Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine. We'll likely learn more in the next few days, but it would be wise to keep expectations in check for now.

Source: Engadget

• By Usama Jawad96
      Huawei removes all Tencent games from its app store due to legal dispute
      by Usama Jawad

Despite being one of the biggest smartphone maker in terms of units being sold globally, Huawei has recently been facing a lot of troubles with its partners. The U.S. government is cracking down on Chinese technology and the UK is following suit as well. Now, the company finds itself in a legal dispute with fellow Chinese firm Tencent.

Bloomberg reports that Huawei has removed all Tencent games from its app store. The reason for this is apparently a "big change" that Tencent made on December 31, 2020. The notification shown on Huawei's gaming app doesn't go into further details, but the company says that the decision was made after an internal investigation by its legal team, which also claims that Tencent independently concluded that it doesn't want to continue cooperation with Huawei.

Meanwhile, Tencent stated that:

Based on the wording, it would appear that an existing agreement between the two parties expired before a new one could be reached. As a result, all Tencent games such as Arena of Valor, Honor of Kings, and PUBG, among many others have been removed from Huawei's app store for the time being. It's unclear if and when a new agreement will be ratified between the two companies.

Source: Bloomberg

• By Usama Jawad96
      Here are the 100 bestselling Steam games of 2020
      by Usama Jawad

Towards the end of each year, Valve traditionally reveals the bestselling Steam games of the past 12 months. Although the company does not disclose exact sales figures or dollar values, it divides games into categories such as Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze. Now, the company has unveiled the list of 100 top-selling games on its platform for 2020.

The 100 bestsellers for 2020 have been measured in terms of gross revenue. 12 games fall in the Platinum category, 12 in Gold, 15 in Silver, and 59 in Bronze. These are as follows:

Platinum

DOOM Eternal Cyberpunk 2077 DOTA 2 Destiny 2 Monster Hunter: World Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Among Us Red Dead Redemption 2 Grand Theft Auto V PUBG Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout Gold

Borderlands 3 The Elder Scrolls Online Phasmophobia Dead by Daylight ARK: Survival Evolved Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Halo: The Master Chief Collection Warframe Crusader Kings III Baldur's Gate Sea of Thieves Sid Meier's Civilization VI Silver

Rust Stellaris Final Fantasy XIV Online War Thunder Raft Total War: Warhammer II The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Microsoft Flight Simulator Assassin's Creed: Odyssey Hades Cities: Skylines Path of Exile Planet Zoo Euro Truck Simulator 2 Team Fortress 2 Bronze

Don't Starve Together Terraria DayZ Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem Star Wars: Squadrons FIFA 21 Death Stranding Arma 3 The Sims 4 No Man's Sky GTFO Ori and the Will of the Wisps The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Smite Half-Life: Alyx Command & Conquer Remastered Collection Apex Legends Hunt: Showdown American Truck Simulator NBA 2K21 Resident Evil 3 Wallpaper Engine Football Manager 2021 Tabletop Simulator Temtem RimWorld Stardew Valley Deep Rock Galactic Metro: Exodus Human: Fall Flat Risk of Rain 2 Pummel Party Fallout 4 NBA 2K20 Remnant: From the Ashes Farming Simulator 19 Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition Fallout 76 Call of Duty: Black Ops III Grounded Europa Universalis IV Dying Light Far Cry 5 Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links Satisfactory Persona 4 Golden Lords Mobile theHunter: Call of the Wild Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order World of Warships Conan Exiles Hearts of Iron IV Horizon Zero Dawn The Forest Dark Souls III Marvel's Avengers Divinity: Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition Total War: Three Kingdoms Valve has also highlighted other titles in its "Best of 2020" categories such as "New Releases", "Most Played", "Early Access Grads", "Best of VR", and "Controller Games". Be sure to check them out here.

• By LoneWolfSL
      Metro 2033 Redux is free to claim on the Epic Games Store today
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

The Epic Games Store's daily giveaway march carries on as its sixth offer brings Metro 2033 as the latest freebie, replacing yesterday's Alien: Isolation. Those who have been following these giveaways for a while may find a copy of the title already in their Epic Games library, as the game has been given away in the past, specifically in September 2019.

The 4A Games-developed first-person shooter puts players into the post-apocalyptic ruins of Moscow. Civilization has moved to the underground metro tunnels to survive against the radiation and mutated beings. The title offers both stealth and action gameplay as well as immersive elements such as different grades of bullets, needing to charge equipment manually, and keeping track of gas mask filters, among other features.

As this is the Redux release of Metro 2033, it carries engine improvements from its sequel Metro: Last Light, bringing enhanced AI, controls, animation, weapon handling, and more. Epic Games Store is offering Metro 2033 for Windows, but it's also available on macOS and Linux via Steam, where it can be picked up currently for $19.99.

The minimum requirements are as follows:

Metro 2033 is free to claim on the Epic Games Store until tomorrow, December 23, at 11AM ET. The store's holiday sale and the unlimited $10 coupon offer is still ongoing alongside the freebies.

• By indospot
      Neowin's 2020 holiday gift guide for Nintendo fans
      by João Carrasqueira

While 2020 may have felt like a whole decade for many of us, we're just now getting into the holiday season, and that means that it will soon be time to buy gifts. While celebrations are likely to be a bit different this year, you're probably still looking to get something nice for your loved ones or even yourself, and with the outside world being so dangerous these days, it may just be the best time to get some gaming on.

This is Neowin's 2020 holiday gift guide for fans of Nintendo games, and just like last year, it's mostly focused on the Nintendo Switch. By popular request from last year, we've also added UK links for all the products in addition to the United States.

Disclaimer: Prices for products on Amazon are for products bought in new condition directly from Amazon, which is our recommendation. Prices from third-party sellers may be presented when Amazon has no stock. Additionally, for games, prices are for the physical version when available.

Hardware

2020 didn't bring us anything new in terms of new hardware for the Nintendo Switch family, but that doesn't necessarily make the system less appealing. We still have the options from last year, with the refreshed Nintendo Switch model offering much better battery life than the original version. Or, if you don't need to connect to a TV and want to save some money, you can get the Switch Lite, which is more comfortable and portable, more suited for the on-the-go gamer.

We did get a couple of special editions though, like the Animal Crossing: New Horizons themed version, which features pastel colored Joy-Con and dock, along with some art related to the game. In Europe only, there's the Fortnite edition, featuring yellow and blue Joy-Con as well as some traced images on the Joy-Con and console.

This year, Nintendo is once again selling a bundle including a Nintendo Switch and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, but it's a better deal this time. This year's bundle has the new Switch model with improved battery life, and Nintendo is also throwing in a three-month subscription to Nintendo Switch Online, while keeping the $299 price tag.

Nintendo Switch + Mario Kart 8 Deluxe + NSO 3-month subscription - Best Buy ($299) (check stock) Nintendo Switch - Amazon US ($299) (check stock)| Amazon UK (£279.99) Nintendo Switch Lite - Amazon US ($199) | Amazon UK (£199) The Nintendo Switch, especially the standard model, is a bit of a hot ticket item these days, so you might have to keep checking back on the links above, as most models tend to sell out quickly. The links above also let you switch between different colors easily, so you may be able to find a specific color while another may be unavailable.

Nintendo did release new hardware this year, the Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros. This is a fantastic throwback to the company's first big successes in gaming, including the iconic Super Mario Bros. from the Nintendo Entertainment System. It also pays homage to the Game & Watch series of consoles that started back in 1980, and it all comes together in a beautiful package. It can be a fun way to experience these old-school games, but it's also a great collector's item, and Nintendo fans are sure to enjoy it.

Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros. - Amazon US: Check stock | Amazon UK: £49.99 Nintendo Switch games

Of course, the whole point of owning a gaming console is to have games for it, and there's no shortage of great games on the Switch. Below are what we believe to be must-have titles, though it's ultimately up to personal preference. We'll try to focus on new titles that released or got major updates this year, but some of them are also great buys even if they're not the most recent. For this year's Black Friday in the U.S., some of NIntendo's major titles will be discounted starting November 22. We'll be sure to keep the prices updated over time.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Amazon US: $49.99 ($10 off)| Amazon UK: £39) - The latest entry in the Animal Crossing franchise has become wildly popular in 2020, becoming the second-best selling game on the console in just a few months. It's a relaxing game where you can manage your own island by decorating it with items, which you can craft with resources you gather around the island. The game often gets updated with seasonal content, so it will probably stay fresh for a while.

Super Mario 3D All-Stars (Amazon US: $59.99 | Amazon UK: £39.99) - The Super Mario franchise turns 35 years old in 2020, and Nintendo celebrated the occasion by releasing the first 3D games in the series - Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, and Super Mario Galaxy - in a single package for the Nintendo Switch. These are three stellar games, and they've had their resolution increased to look that much better on modern TVs. Plus, the collection is only available until the end of March 2021, so now might be a good time to get it.

Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics/51 Worldwide Games (Amazon US: $39.99 (ships December 20)| Amazon UK: £27.99) - If you're more into traditional board games than video games, Nintendo brought back the Clubhouse Games franchise this year, and it includes a ton of games to choose from. Most of these games are meant to be enjoyed with other people, which may be a great way to spend time with your family this holiday. Some games work with a single Switch, others may require multiple consoles, and some even work online so you can play with people far away.

Image credit: Nintendo (YouTube)Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity (Amazon US: $59.88 | Amazon UK: £49.99) - Three years of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild rocked the world, Nintendo and Koei Tecmo are telling the story of the calamity that took place 100 years prior to the events of that game. Combining the plot and characters of Breath of the Wild with the 1-versus-100 combat of the Warriors franchise should offer a refreshing way to experience the great battle against Calamity Ganon, and the perfect way to wait for the sequel to Breath of the Wild.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Amazon US: $44.99 ($15 off) | Amazon UK: £47) - Of course, if you still haven't played the game that started it all, it's still as amazing of a game as it was three years ago. Breath of the Wild is the first open-world game in the Zelda franchise, and it's also the most expansive world we've seen in a Zelda game. It's incredibly easy to spend hours roaming around this world, and very hard to dislike this game. If you need even more, you can get the $19.99 Expansion Pass (£17.99 in the UK).

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Amazon US: $49.94 ($10.05 off)| Amazon UK: £47.00) - Even at two years old, Super Smash Bros. is one of those titles that you can still play for hours. Living up to its name, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has the most amount of content ever in the franchise, featuring every character that's ever appeared in the franchise and more is still on the way. If you want to expand your game, the first Fighters Pass added five fighters for $23.49 (£22.49 in the UK), and a second Fighters Pass adds six new fighters, which are still being released in the next few months. It costs $29.88 in the U.S. and £26.99 in the UK, and it adds characters like Steve from Minecraft.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Amazon US: $44.99 ($15 off) | Amazon UK: £39.99) - This is already one of the best-selling Nintendo Switch games, but there's a good reason for that. Mario Kart is another franchise that makes for a great game to play with friends, either online or locally. It's a bit more accessible than Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, so it's easy to enjoy even if you're playing with people who don't play games that often.

Bioshock: The Collection (Walmart (US): $29.83 | Amazon UK: £34.99) - Earlier this year, 2K Games had a big blowout of support for the Switch, and Bioshock: The Collection is a stellar addition to the library. Featuring the entirety of the Bioshock franchise, made up of three fantastic first-person shooter titles, the collection on the Switch is a great deal. However, even if you buy the physical version, the games require a significant download, so you will probably need to buy a microSD card as well.

Ring Fit Adventure (Amazon US: $79.99 | Amazon UK: £64.99) - It's not everyday that a videogame combines physical exercise with a single-player adventure and RPG elements, but Ring Fit Adventure does it wonderfully. This game will make you sweat a lot, and it'll motivate you to keep going, which is great if you want to stay active and don't have that much time to exercise outside your house.

Pokémon Sword and Shield (Amazon US: $39.99 ($20 off) | Amazon UK: £39.99 each) - Almost any Pokémon title is fairly easy to recommend for Nintendo fans, and Sword and Shield brought a lot new to the table, with the more expansive Wild Area allowing for free camera controls, the Dynamax and Gigantamax transformations, and more. If you'd like even more content, the Expansion Pass was released this year, adding the Isle of Armor and The Crown Tundra areas, new Pokémon, and new mechanics to make competitive battling more accessible. The Expansion Pass costs $29.88 in the U.S. and £26.99 in the UK, but it's only available digitally. Or you can get a new edition of the game including the Expansion Pass, which costs $88.59 in the U.S. or £64.99 in the UK.

If you already own all of these or if you're looking for something different, there are a ton of great games on the Switch. Here are some of the most popular titles:

Borderlands Legendary Collection - Amazon US: $29.83 | GAME (UK): £39.99 Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Amazon US: $32.84 ($7.15 off) | Amazon UK: £27 DOOM - Amazon US: Check stock | Amazon UK: Check stock Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition - Best Buy (US): $59.99 | Amazon UK: £39.99 (£5 off) Immortals Fenyx Rising (releases December 3) - Amazon US: $49.94 ($10.05 off)| Amazon UK: £49.99 Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory - Amazon US: $49.94 ($10.05 off) | Amazon UK: £49.99 Kirby Star Allies - Amazon US: $49.94 ($10.05 off, in stock December 8)| Amazon UK: £49.99 Luigi's Mansion 3 - Amazon US: $39.99 ($20 off) | GAME (UK): £44.99 Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit - Best Buy (US): $99.99 | Amazon UK: £99.99 Mario Tennis Aces - Amazon US: $29.99 ($30 off) | Amazon UK: £39.99 Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order - Amazon US: $59.99 | Amazon UK: Check stock Minecraft - Amazon US: $23.92 ($6.07 off)| Amazon UK: £19 Minecraft Dungeons Hero Edition - Amazon US: $19.99 ($10 off) | Amazon UK: £19.99 Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered - Amazon US: $39.99 | Amazon UK: £29.99 (£3.80 off) New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - Best Buy (US): $34.99 ($25 off)| Amazon UK: £39.99 Octopath Traveler - Amazon US: $49.84 ($10.15 off, in stock December 20)| Amazon UK: Check stock Ori and the Blind Forest (releases December 8) - Amazon US: $39.99 | Amazon UK: £39.99 Ori and the Will of the Wisps (releases November 8) - Amazon US: $39.99 | Amazon UK: £39.99 Paper Mario: The Origami King - Best Buy (US): $59.99 | Amazon UK: £39.90 Pikmin 3 Deluxe - Amazon US: $59.99 | Amazon UK: £39.99 Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX - Best Buy (US): $54.43 ($5.56 off) | Amazon UK: £36.99 Sniper Elite 4 - Amazon US: $39.99 | Amazon UK: £29.99 Splatoon 2 - Best Buy (US): $39.99 ($20 off) | Amazon UK: £39 Super Mario Maker 2 - Amazon US: $39.99 ($20 off) | GAME (UK): £44.99 Super Mario Odyssey - Amazon US: $44.99 ($15 off) | Amazon UK: £39.99 Super Mario Party - Amazon US: $44.99 ($15 off) | Amazon UK: £39.99 The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - Amazon US: $39.99 ($20 off)| Amazon UK: £39.99 The Outer Worlds - Amazon US: $37.82 | Amazon UK: £38.72 The Witcher 3 - Amazon US: $49.99 ($10 off)| Game (UK): £39.99 Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition - Amazon US: $49.99 ($10 off)| Amazon UK: £35.99 Nintendo Switch Accessories

One thing you're most likely going to need if you own a Switch is a Nintendo Switch Online subscription, which is required if you want to play games online. If you don't know what games your gift recipient likes or has, a Nintendo eShop gift card can be useful so they can buy whatever they want.

Nintendo eShop Gift Card - Amazon US: from $5 | Amazon UK: from £15 Nintendo Switch Online 12-month Individual Membership - Amazon US: $19.99 | Amazon UK: £17.99 Nintendo Switch Online 12-month Family Membership - Target (US): $19.99 ($15 off) | Amazon UK: £31.49 If you're shopping for someone who already has a Switch, or you want to bundle in some extra goodies, accessories may be the way to go. If the Switch is going to be used by a lot of people, a set of extra Joy-Con will be nice, or you can get a more traditional controller if you're about more traditional-style gaming. Here are some of our suggestions:

Joy-Con Set - US: from $69 | UK: from £59 Joy-Con Charging Grip - US: $24.88 | UK: £24

If your Switch is often used by a lot of people, an extra set of Joy-Con will help make sure everyone can play. There are a few color options available, so you can choose your favorites. Keeping that extra set of Joy-Con charged won't be easy with a single switch, so a charging grip can be pretty useful, too. It lets you play and charge the Joy-Con at the same time. Nintendo Switch Pro Controller- US: $59 | UK: £53 Satisfye ZenGrip Pro - from $20.99/£17

For more traditional-style gaming, Nintendo offers the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller, which has bigger buttons, better grips, and almost all the same features as the Joy-Con, including six-axis motion controls, HD rumble, and amiibo scanning. The Switch's form factor makes it very versatile but being so flat and thin isn't always ideal for comfort in handheld mode. The Satisfye ZenGrip pro helps the Switch feel more comfortable in your hand, and you can get it bundled with all sorts of goodies like a carrying case. There's also a version for the Switch Lite from $19.99/£16. 8BitDo Wireless Adapter - US: $19.99 | UK: £13.84 Genki Covert Dock - $74.99 ($69.99 with coupon)

If you already have a controller you like lying around, such as the Xbox Wireless Controller, you may want to use it with the Switch. The 8BitDo Wireless Adapter lets you do just that, and it actually works pretty well, allowing you to save some money. You can also use it with other devices, like a PC. The Switch comes with a dock that lets you connect it to a TV, but it's quite bulky if you want to take it to a friend's house or on a long trip. The Covert Dock is a fantastic way to take the full Switch experience with you, and you can read our full thoughts on it here. It's only available on Amazon US or Genki's website, but it ships worldwide. Beware, though, this won't make a Switch Lite connect to a TV. Carrying case - US: $12.99 | UK: £14.99 SanDisk microSD card - US: from $6.19 | UK: from £4.91

If you're carrying your Switch around a lot, you might want to keep it protected, and cases are the best way to do it. There are options from a ton of companies, and the links we included here are just examples made or licensed by Nintendo. You can also find some for the Switch Lite, such as this HORI one for $13.99 in the U.S. or this Nintendo one for £12.99 in the UK. No matter which model of the Switch you get, it only comes with 32GB of internal storage, which is going to run out very quickly if you install games from the eShop. SanDisk is one of the most renowned microSD card makers, and we thoroughly recommend its products. Outside of sales, the 128GB or 200GB cards usually offer the best price-to-capacity ratio, but it's definitely worth checking for sales to get a better deal. We hope these options help bring some joy to your 2020. Happy holidays!