Battery 98% available (plugged in); not charging to 100%. Is my battery dying on me?

I have an almost 1-year old Asus ROG notebook.

In the last two weeks I have noticed that my battery is not fully charged anymore.

I have let it drain today completely and then recharged. Then it stated "Fully charged (100%)".

After, unplugging the adapter and let it charge again, the battery level is -again- on 98% and not charging tot 100%; it shows "98% available (plugged in)"

Is this some setting on new(er) notebooks to prevent from overheating?

Or is my battery slowly dying on me already? And can I better bring my notebook in while it's still under warranty (for two weeks or so)?

Or is it 'just the way it is' with these implemented tools (either from the manufacturer, in my case Asus, or Windows 10) on modern notebooks to spare battery deterioration and let you do longer with the battery? [which is good, don't get me wrong]

EDIT:
I have added the battery report as generated via powercfg /batteryreport

battery-report-nw.png

Edited by kiddingguy
Battery report added

Batteries degrade over time. You said this is a year old? I'm amazed that it stays at 98%..

You have nothing to worry about. When it doesn't keep a charge. (like my old Lenovo L430) then start complaing.

I also came across this article on this issue on Microsoft's site on the same 98%.

1 minute ago, Mindovermaster said:

Batteries degrade over time. You said this is a year old? I'm amazed that it stays at 98%..

You have nothing to worry about. When it doesn't keep a charge. (like my old Lenovo L430) then start complaing.

Do you think this a warranty/guarantee thingy in this first year? Or normal usage?

6 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

I have phones, laptops, and other devices that are way over 1yr old and still charge to 100 percent.  Had a phone, one time, that charged to 98 percent that was 1.5 yrs old.  Luckily, bought it from Google and they replaced it for free.

Anyway, could be a bad battery or I have even seen a software bug cause this.  Try removing/plugging back in the battery or do some software updates. 

4 minutes ago, kiddingguy said:

I also came across this article on this issue on Microsoft's site on the same 98%.

Do you think this a warranty/guarantee thingy in this first year? Or normal usage?

OEMs only provide 1yr battery warranty unless you pay for extra.

I'm not sure I would worry.

I had an Asus laptop do it as well a few years ago.

I think its more of an issue with the battery driver being incorrect than a battery problem.

1 minute ago, adrynalyne said:

I think its more of an issue with the battery driver being incorrect than a battery problem.

👍

I have seen the BIOS display the correct percentage while Windows said something diff as well.

After a full battery drain to non-boot, and full recharging (notebook off), it's mentioning: 100% full :D

So, apparently Windows is reporting right percentages, and the battery is 100% full charged.

Hopefully it stays this way after unplugging the adapter (and not a new recharge to 98%).... :unsure:

battery-100.png