Unboxing  When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Here’s how it works.

Skagen Jorn Hybrid HR smartwatch unboxing and first impressions

Announced at CES this year, Skagen's Jorn Hybrid HR smartwatch is its first hybrid wearable, although there have been others under the Fossil umbrella. It comes in stainless steel casing and it has actual hands that make it look like an analog watch, but it also has smart features.

Among those features are notifications, fitness tracking, heart rate tracking, and more. What's really cool is that it actually has a screen underneath the hands, but it's an E Ink display. This makes it look more natural, and more like an analog watch than an AMOLED screen would. But also, it allows for much longer battery life than with a traditional smartwatch; Skagen is promising over two weeks and so far, it seems like it's going to live up to that.

Everything is totally customizable through the Skagen app. You can change the watch face, you can swap out the complications on the watch face, and you can customize what the buttons on the side do. By default, pressing the middle button shows you your notifications, and the watch hands will automatically move out of your way to do that.

While the watch doesn't have a touchscreen and I thought it would be tough to control, I found it to be pretty intuitive. After spending a fair amount of time trying to find the do not disturb setting so I could wear it to bed for sleep tracking, I realized that the default setting is that it mirrors my phone anyway.

Check out the unboxing video below:

Report a problem with article
Next Article

Save 98% off the Premium 2021 Project & Quality Management Certification Bundle

Previous Article

Amazon's Deal of the Day discounts 1MORE Stylish wireless buds by 50%