Multiple monitor question

+jnelsoninjax

I am running a GeForce RTX 2080 right now and have two monitors, a 4K and 2K, I am entertaining the idea of adding a third monitor, would I lose any performance or FPS if I add a 3rd to the mix?

• +jnelsoninjax changed the title to Multiple monitor question
Mindovermaster

Depends what connection you will use. DVI, HDMI (different versions), or DP.

DP would be your best bet for 4K. I'm not sure about HDMI, as some older versions doesn't support it.

+devHead

What are the video ports on your card? If you have two display ports, then you can easily hook two monitors to them and the third to HDMI.  Plus, what Minovermaster said. You would not lose FPS I don't think; if you have a game running on just one of the monitors, then the GPU uses its resources mostly for that one. I don't know if you use multiple monitors for the same game or for two separate games though. 

+jnelsoninjax
33 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Depends what connection you will use. DVI, HDMI (different versions), or DP.

DP would be your best bet for 4K. I'm not sure about HDMI, as some older versions doesn't support it.

Both are DP

26 minutes ago, devHead said:

What are the video ports on your card? If you have two display ports, then you can easily hook two monitors to them and the third to HDMI.  Plus, what Minovermaster said. You would not lose FPS I don't think; if you have a game running on just one of the monitors, then the GPU uses its resources mostly for that one. I don't know if you use multiple monitors for the same game or for two separate games though. 

DP and HDMI and USB, I only game on the 4K, I am envisioning using the 3rd monitor for my security cameras, that way I don't have to worry about missing something when I am using the second monitor which I use for my web browsing.

+jnelsoninjax

This might be another topic, but I just ran a benchmark on Anno 1800 DX12, and the highest I got was 33.09 FPS. What settings should I be looking at adjusting to get better FPS?

Mindovermaster
1 hour ago, jnelsoninjax said:

This might be another topic, but I just ran a benchmark on Anno 1800 DX12, and the highest I got was 33.09 FPS. What settings should I be looking at adjusting to get better FPS?

There are a lot of places you can look. MOST are inside the game itself. turn this on, that off...

It's not a walk in the park, bro ;)