Unboxing  When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Here’s how it works.

Lenovo ThinkPad P17 unboxing and first impressions

Lenovo ThinkPad P17 connected to two 4K monitors

Back in June, Lenovo announced its refresh of the ThinkPad P-series, which is its line of mobile workstations. While the ThinkPad P1 is the one that's the thinnest and lightest, and it's the one that fits into Lenovo's premium category, it's the ThinkPad P17 that packs all of the power. Indeed, this is a beast.

It comes with Intel's 10th-generation H-series processors, but as is the case with mobile workstations, you can get them with Xeon processors too. The model that Lenovo sent me has a Xeon W-10885M processor, a 45W chip with eight cores and 16 threads and can hit a turbo frequency of 5.3GHz. Xeon is designed for high-performance computing, AI, and the type of tasks that you would buy a machine like this for.

For graphics, this unit has an Nvidia Quadro RTX 5000, which comes with 16GB GDDR6 memory. Being RTX, it supports things like real-time ray tracing, so this can handle tasks like complex 3D rendering. The base model comes with a Quadro T1000 and a Core i5-10300H, so there's a wide array of configurations to choose from based on your needs.

That's not all that's new though. This machine comes with a larger 94WHr battery, so while it's not going to get great battery life given how powerful it is, it's going to be better than the previous generation. It also comes with Dolby Atmos speakers now.

Along with the Intel Xeon W-10885M and the Nvidia Quadro RTX 5000, this unit comes with a 17.3-inch UHD display, 32GB RAM, and 512GB of storage, so it's pretty specced out, although you can configure it with 128GB RAM and 4TB of storage. Check out the unboxing video below.

Report a problem with article
dog using the internet on a laptop
Next Article

Save 97% off the How to Train & Raise A Healthy Dog Master Class Bundle

Green and gold Acer Swift 5 closed on wooden background
Previous Article

Acer Swift 5 review: Green and gold laptops are my new favorite