Restart/Power Off/Logout screen not following Accent color 25$ for fix

Sempiro

Hello there,

I have a weird issue with Restart/Power-Off/Log-out/ background color does not follow Accent color from Personalization settings + when the PC starts and loading into Log-in screen there is a Blue-flash (same happens each time I lock PC), and when I set accent to some other color there are two flashes (always blue, and the one I chosen).

I'm 100% sure it wasn't like this before. And everything was consistent with what Accent color I chosen: ex.: If gray Accent is chosen, then Restart/Power-Off/Log-out/ background color become gray and as well as transition to lock-screen flash color.

What I have tried:

1. Boot in Safe mode and Clean boot - issue persists.
2. Boot in Safe mode under another user account - issue persists.
3. Update to the latest version of Windows (20H0) - issue persists.
4. Reinstall Video card drivers/disable Video Card and make Windows to use generic video driver - issue persists.
5. Rolling back to default Aero theme through WinAero Tweaker and uninstalling UXthemepathcer - issue persists.
6. Reinstalling UXthemepatcher and changing to another graytheme - issue persists
7. Replace default boot SSD with one from another machine (both laptops, same OS, same build) - issue doesn't persist.

8. DISM and SFC checks - issue persists.

From point 7 I think it is safe to assume that the issue is purely OS/Software in nature.

System specs:

Win 10 Pro 20H0
X220 Laptop

I find this issue to be super annoying, since I like to my OS theme to be in dark colors, and mere fact that Restart/Power-Off/Log-out/ background color does not follow Accent anymore makes me supper irritated so I am willing to pay 25 USD to anyone who can help me to solve the issue without need of reinstalling or resetting my system (do not want to reinstall apps, drivers, system anew etc.)

Please find additional context below:

Here is an example of two flashes during transition to lockscreen (blue is a stuck accent color, and red is the accent color  that I have set)

Same thing, but with accent color to be set as gray (stuck blue + custom gray)

Here are all the settings in registry that are related to themes in OS which I found:

57880-control-panel-background.png
58043-dwm.png

58043-dwm.png
58091-explorer-accent.png

Personalization settings for gray Accent color:
57857-accent-color-settings.png

In Safe-Mode when I try to access Themes category, I get this, not sure if it is related to my issue:
321728d1615180199t-restart-power-off-log

This does not happen when in regular Boot mode and I can open Themes category without any issue.

Sempiro

Also, what system files are responsible for changes in background color of Power off/Restart/Sing out? All situation reminds me the one with icons that used to happen on Windows 7 and much older versions, when some of icons got mixed up with icons from other apps and all you need to do to fix is to refresh icon cache by deleting a file.

goretsky

Hello,

That ThinkPad X220 is a pretty old laptop by now.  My initial thought is that something changed in the last Intel video driver update.  I saw there was one a few days ago, here on Neowin, although I don't know if that is the same driver the X220 uses.

I would suggest checking with tech support in Intel's own support forum, as they will likely know how to troubleshoot this issue.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Copernic
      WindowBlinds 10.87
      by Razvan Serea

WindowBlinds is a software utility that allows you to completely change the look and feel of Microsoft Windows. It works by applying new visual styles, also called skins, across the entire user interface (i.e. start menu, window frames, title bars, menus, buttons, taskbar, scroll bars, ...) of the operating system. As a result, you gain complete control over the way Windows looks. Select from the many skins included with WindowBlinds or choose from thousands of skins available for download at WinCustomize.com.

Features:

Apply skins to your desktop Add backgrounds, textures and colors to skins Customize title bars and buttons Choose your own skin fonts Choose from thousands of FREE skins at WinCustomize.com Windows 10/8/7 support And more! WindowBlinds 10.87 changelog:

Fixes the reported issue with UIS2 skins and not painting the text in the tree and the gap for some UIS2 skins with new explorer windows. Fixes an issue with electron framework apps (like Skype) being excluded when they have a standard caption Fix for Chrome losing frames in some situations. Firefox no longer has an issue with the min, max, close buttons clicking when Firefox is allowed to skin but the titlebar isn't set to be above tabs. (It will not use the WB skin in this mode) Firefox, when titlebar is above tabs now, paints the caption text correctly Thunderbird no longer paints black in the top right corner and the main window is excluded from WB Chrome / Edge paint the titlebar correctly on initial launch now PDFLite / SumatraPDF no longer has a missing tab bar. Due to the way this app works the titlebar with the tabs is excluded EM Lite app is now excluded as it is entirely custom and was experiencing issues with WB skinning Skype may now animate with WindowFX Start menus with animations may no longer show under the start menu when used with Start10 and WindowFX animations. Please note menus that use blur will not animate with WindowFX. Added dark mode support to WindowBlinds config UI. Force this via the top right cog if on Win7 or always want dark mode regardless of OS setting Worked around incompatibility with OpenShell/ClassicShell where it does not disable its taskbar skinning and so stops WB skinning the taskbar Auto excluded electron app main windows Note: Adobe Acrobat, when in-app container, mode no longer renders without frames on Windows 10 (It cannot use the WB skin however as it is sandboxed) Disclaimer: Neowin's relationship to Stardock.

Download: WindowBlinds 10.87 | 54.3 MB (30-day trial - $9.99 to buy)
      View: WindowBlinds Home page

Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware

• By indospot
      Edge Dev gets sync support on Linux, color themes
      by João Carrasqueira

Microsoft is releasing a new Edge Dev build today, as it tends to do every Tuesday, but ahead of its rollout, the company has announced a couple of additions in this week's release. One major one is support for signing into the browser and enabling sync on Linux. This will allow Linux users to have things like passwords, history, extensions, and so on available across different devices.

Right now, Microsoft account sign-in is still disabled by default, but you can enable the feature in edge://flags. The flag is called MSA Sign In, and once enabled, you can sign in with a Microsoft account, just like on other platforms. Azure Active Directory accounts aren't supported yet, though. As you'd expect from experimental features, some instability is to be expected.

Another new feature added today is available for all platforms, and you may have heard of it before. The latest Edge Dev update will add a selection of 14 simple color themes, which are available directly from the Appearance section of the Edge settings. Unlike full-blown themes, these will just add a splash of color to the tab and address bars, leaving the new tab page intact. They also pair with your choice of dark or light theme, and the two settings don't affect each other.

The feature was first spotted in Edge Canary back in December and it was hidden behind a flag at the time. Now, it will be much more widely available, and we should see it come to the Beta and stable channels in the next few weeks and months. Color themes are saved per user profile, so you can also use them to make it easier to know what account you're using. Of course, themes are still supported, and Microsoft launched a few Xbox-related themes on the Edge add-ons store earlier this year.

• By Usama Jawad96
      Apple pulls iCloud 12 update from Microsoft Store
      by Usama Jawad

Yesterday, Apple released the iCloud Passwords Chrome extension along with the iCloud 12 update on the Microsoft Store. Together, these would allow you to utilize your Safari-generated passwords on Chrome and also sync new Chrome passwords with iCloud so you can seamlessly use them across other Apple devices. However, just a few hours after release, it appears that Apple has pulled iCloud 12 from the Microsoft Store.

As can be seen below, downloading iCloud now results in version 11.6.32.0 rather than version 12 which was available yesterday:

It is important to note that the iCloud Passwords Chrome extension is still available but now points to Apple's support page when launched.

It is currently unclear why Apple pulled the update from the Microsoft Store but news outlet The 8-Bit notes that multiple users had cited issues with two-factor authentication and the "plugin not working altogether". Apple has not yet confirmed that if this is the reason it removed the update, but we have reached out to the company for more information.

Support for iCloud Keychain on Chrome is important for users who shift interchangeably between Apple and Windows devices so it's likely that iCloud version 12 will return to the Microsoft Store as soon as the aforementioned issues are patched, but it remains to be seen how long that process will take.

Source: The 8-Bit

• By indospot
      Microsoft adds themes to the Edge add-ons store
      by João Carrasqueira

Microsoft has added new themes to the add-ons store for the Chromium-based Edge browser, giving users some more room for customization. Edge has supported Chrome themes for some time, but like all add-ons from outside Microsoft's own platform, you would need to manually enable the ability to install them from the browser settings.

There are over two dozen new themes available on the Edge add-ons store today, though Microsoft has previously released some celebratory ones, too. The one based on Wonder Woman 1984 was actually made available a while back to tie into the release of the movie, for example.

The majority of the themes available are based on Microsoft properties, more specifically Xbox games. There are themes based on Halo, Gears of War, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, and a few more titles. There are also some that are described as bringing the "delightful and eye-catching artwork of Microsoft 365" to the browser.

Of course, you can still install themes from the Chrome Web Store if Microsoft's offerings are too limited, and recently, Microsoft also added the ability to choose color-based themes right from the browser's settings, though this is still not widely available. If you want to check out the new Microsoft themes, you can do so here.

• By Copernic
      UltraUXThemePatcher 4.1.0
      by Razvan Serea

UltraUXThemePatcher modifies your system files so that 3rd party themes can be used. You can download Windows themes from third parties and activate them. The program backups the original system files and all changes can be undone by uninstalling if you have issues.

UltraUXThemePatcher is available for Windows XP to Windows 10 (RTM, Anniversary Update 1607, Creators Update 1703, Fall Creators Update 1709) for 32bit and 64bit version.

Changes in UltraUXThemePatcher 4.1.0:

Support for next major Update 21H2

Problems after big Update should be fixed

Note: You might want to create a restore point before installing UltraUXThemePatcher. This application make changes to your system files, this can lead to unexpected problems or total breakdown of Windows!

Download page: UltraUXThemePatcher 4.1.0 | 159 KB (Freeware)
      View: UltraUXThemePatcher Home Page

Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware