Issue with my Dymo LabelWriter

So yesterday I swapped the labels out of my Dymo LabelWriter 450 from clear to white. These are brand new labels, not opened until I spooled them in the printer. Now when I print a label it spits out a blank label, nothing on it. I can not figure out why it is doing that and have never had that problem before. Standard troubleshooting: driver is as current as I can find, using Dtmo branded labels, using the latest version of the software as well. I am at a loss here as to what else to attempt to do. 

Did you use thermal printing compatible paper on the new labels? Not all paper is thermal-sensitive. You're looking for "LW" labels.

1 minute ago, spikey_richie said:

Did you use thermal printing compatible paper on the new labels? Not all paper is thermal-sensitive. You're looking for "LW" labels.

I am sure they are, I bought these labels a few years ago, and have had them in storage, it was a box with like 4 rolls in it, but when I bought them they said they were for my printer.

1 minute ago, jnelsoninjax said:

I am sure they are, I bought these labels a few years ago, and have had them in storage, it was a box with like 4 rolls in it, but when I bought them they said they were for my printer.

good way to verify is scratch your finger/thumb nail on them to see if it creates black lines; I work troubleshooting credit card machines and we do this to verify the thermal printer paper all the time. I've run into a faulty batch of paper on more than one occasion too where it's marked thermal but isn't.

3 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

good way to verify is scratch your finger/thumb nail on them to see if it creates black lines; I work troubleshooting credit card machines and we do this to verify the thermal printer paper all the time. I've run into a faulty batch of paper on more than one occasion too where it's marked thermal but isn't.

Well that yielded a result that I was not expecting, they did not react to my scratching, so does that mean it is not thermal? Just checked my order history with Amazon, turns out that these are generic labels, but state compatible with the 450

16 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

Well that yielded a result that I was not expecting, they did not react to my scratching, so does that mean it is not thermal? Just checked my order history with Amazon, turns out that these are generic labels, but state compatible with the 450

unfortunately Amazon resellers don't always properly adjust their product descriptions so it may have been improperly marked as compatible :(

googling your model shows that it is strictly thermal as far as I can tell.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1