Loki (Disney+)

3 hours ago, Jim K said:

Looks promising...

June 11.  6 episodes...

looks alright.    marvel for me a best for movies, the show are just mix and match.     might be interesting though.   

On 05/04/2021 at 19:34, E.Worm Jimmy said:

looks alright.    marvel for me a best for movies, the show are just mix and match.     might be interesting though.   

The Marvel shows are just fillers for the movie universe, which is fine by me.  I don't expect a ton out of them other than to fill some time between movie releases and give me more backstory or to see where other characters are in current events.  I think they've done a good job so far with Wandavision and Falcon/Winter Soldier.  Loki has the most intriguing character and actor thus far so I expect it to be a hit.  

The only one that doesn't really excite me in any way is Hawkeye, mainly because I don't like the character much.  But again, it's a filler show that will tie in so I'll watch it and likely enjoy it on some level.  

29 minutes ago, Innervisions33 said:

The Marvel shows are just fillers for the movie universe

I don't feel any part of WandaVision or F&TWS have been filler.  They are separate stories that are moving forward at their own episodic pace - but they are just as much part of the MCU as say Antman 2 was.  Not tent-pole stories like Endgame, sure, but that doesn't make them filler.

31 minutes ago, Innervisions33 said:

The only one that doesn't really excite me in any way is Hawkeye, mainly because I don't like the character much

Agreed on that for sure.  One dimensional character with no real intrigue - at the moment.

On 08/04/2021 at 10:08, Dick Montage said:

I don't feel any part of WandaVision or F&TWS have been filler.  They are separate stories that are moving forward at their own episodic pace - but they are just as much part of the MCU as say Antman 2 was.  Not tent-pole stories like Endgame, sure, but that doesn't make them filler.

I guess maybe I used the wrong word when I said filler.  It's to fill our time with more Marvel content between the movies.  The stories have been good so far.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Anyone watch episode 1 yet. I wasn't really interested in a Loki show at first but the first episode has me intrigued. Seems like it'll be fun.

Loki was a lot better than I thought it would be. Really enjoyed it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zathras5 said:

Anyone watch episode 1 yet. I wasn't really interested in a Loki show at first but the first episode has me intrigued. Seems like it'll be fun.

Yeah, I've seen it and it looks promising. Well worth the watch imho.

I'll check it out but honestly all this Marvel stuff has me quickly burned out on it.  I'm losing interest in general.  I think Disney and Marvel studios have been moving too fast and flooding the market with movies and these tv shows now.   And we're into the side/minor characters now that quite frankly very few people know or care about much.

Loki might end up pretty good but that's more to do with Tom Hiddleston being great IMO than anything else.

• Like 1

I didn't watch the last Avengers movie, and I wouldn't say I'm a Marvel fan, but I gave Loki a shot. I quite enjoyed it, the concept seems pretty neat, and it looks like it'll be fun to see how 

Spoiler

Loki fares searching for his other variations.

I did think he spent too much time emphasising he's a God though.

• Like 1

Intrigued is the right word after episode 1.  Fortunately I think Tom can carry a show so it will end up being fine, even if it doesn't blow us away.  Looking forward to E2 tomorrow!

• Like 1

The first episode was good and quite enjoyable.

I do have a question

Spoiler

If the TVA nullifies magic wouldn’t have Loki revert back to a Frost Giant?  I’m assuming Oden used magic to make him human.

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Som said:

Am I the only one who thought that that 3rd episode was a load of shite and the female Loki kinda sucks

I'm liking the series so far and the 3rd episode to me was a little get-to-know-each-other story.

46 minutes ago, Som said:

Am I the only one who thought that that 3rd episode was a load of shite and the female Loki kinda sucks

Yes, it was definitely a filler episode, not a great deal happened.

For those wondering, Sylvie is canon to the comics, though she's been MIA forever.   Them putting her in this series is a deep cut but also probably a way to test if fans like her, then they'll bring her back in the comics again.  

As far as the show itself, first 2 episodes were solid, while the mystery was still there.  Ep3 kind of dropped that, but it's mostly a character development episode.   

Spoiler

There's also the revelation towards the end of the episode that everyone who's actually working at the TVA is in fact a variant without remembering it.   There's some bigger stuff going on here for sure, just hope next 3 episodes can do a good job with it and it's not a rush.   Actually why is this only 6 eps?  I thought it'd be 8.

3 hours ago, George P said:

For those wondering, Sylvie is canon to the comics, though she's been MIA forever.   Them putting her in this series is a deep cut but also probably a way to test if fans like her, then they'll bring her back in the comics again.  

As far as the show itself, first 2 episodes were solid, while the mystery was still there.  Ep3 kind of dropped that, but it's mostly a character development episode.   

Hide contents

There's also the revelation towards the end of the episode that everyone who's actually working at the TVA is in fact a variant without remembering it.   There's some bigger stuff going on here for sure, just hope next 3 episodes can do a good job with it and it's not a rush.   Actually why is this only 6 eps?  I thought it'd be 8.

I like it.

I'm really digging the show, for the most part.

I have a few issues with stuff like how powerful Loki's magic is, or isn't, depending on lazy writers.

Like some others here, I didn't really enjoy episode 3.  I like her and the way she is portraying the character, but the writing of that episode seemed to leave a lot to be desired.  Hopefully that's the only dud.

Well episode 4 was a step up imo.  The show works best when it's got the whole mystery plot going and you're wondering what's going on etc.   

• Like 1

Yeah, much better episode!  Seems like a lot more to come but not sure how they pull it all together with only a few episodes remaining... looking forward to it!

I am yet to catch up on EP4. Sure hope it is a step up because the third one was a massive let down for me. I thoroughly enjoyed the narration and direction of the first two episodes - especially EP2's general premise and the entire final act.

I thought EP3 had a very cool canvas to paint on too, but somehow they decided not to use it at all and focus on superficial subjects. I mean, seriously:

Spoiler

you present a planet that is on the verge destruction and instead of taking advantage of the the suspense and mood of the "situation", or at least building up on the mystery or mischievous nature of the super-villain you introduced in prior episode(s), you focus on silly conversations, drunk singing, and attempt to plant seeds of a (very likely) romance subplot? Please...

Hope to see EP4 soon.

I figure the final 2 eps will move quick, lots going on.  I actually expected this show to be 8 episodes not 6.