'Mrs Sri Lanka' beauty queen 👑 injured in on-stage bust-up [UPDATE]

The winner of Sri Lanka's biggest beauty prize has suffered head injuries after a brawl broke out on stage. 😢

Beauty queen Pushpika De Silva won the "Mrs Sri Lanka" title at a ceremony on national TV on Sunday.

Moments later, the 2019 winner seized Ms De Silva's crown, claiming she could not be awarded the title because she was divorced. 😲

The prize has now been returned to Ms De Silva, after pageant organisers confirmed she is not a divorcee. 🤓

Judges named Ms De Silva the 2021 winner at the Mrs Sri Lanka final in a theatre in Colombo on Sunday night. 👑

But the 2019 winner, Caroline Jurie, stripped Ms De Silva of her crown, citing a pageant rule that competitors must be married and not divorced.

"There is a rule that prevents women who have already been married and are divorced, so I am taking steps to make the crown go to second place," Ms Jurie told the audience.

She placed the crown on the runner-up, prompting a tearful Ms De Silva to walk off stage, a video of the incident showed. 😭

Source: BBC

The above video shows the fracas in all of it's gory detail 😲

• Facepalm 1

Where was the brawl? I didn't want to watch the entire video so I just skipped around and never found it. time stamp?

so i'll just use this instead  

source.gif

UPDATE!

Caroline Jurie: Mrs World arrested over Sri Lanka pageant bust-up

Police in Sri Lanka have arrested the reigning Mrs World Caroline Jurie, after she allegedly injured a fellow beauty queen in an on-stage bust-up. 👮‍♂️🚓

Pushpika De Silva won the "Mrs Sri Lanka" title in a televised ceremony on Sunday, and former winner Mrs Jurie was meant to crown her. 🤴

Instead, she pulled the crown off Mrs De Silva's head, claiming she could not hold the title as she was divorced. 😲

The winner later said she is separated from her husband, not divorced. 👫

Source: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-56675193

• Steven P. changed the title to 'Mrs Sri Lanka' beauty queen 👑 injured in on-stage bust-up [UPDATE]
4 hours ago, Dick Montage said:

I'm not seeing any injury here.  At worst, a little hair was pulled when trying to remove the crown!?

tenor1.gif

hair being yanked out (similar to what happened above)

tenor.gif

😭

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, hellowalkman said:

Anyone remember this? 😆

Yep and so was born the phrase ""They were Steve Harvey'ed"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1