Intsallation guide with drivers for ROG Zephyrus laptop ROG CORE

I spent sometime prior to this, looking for drivers, or at the minimum, a way to get my keyboards back-lighting to function in UBUNTU 20.04.

**ASUS, from my research shows ASUS has been VERY helpful to the linux community**

Link: https://github.com/flukejones/rog-core

I personally installed this from the repository or PPA

(the website states its obsoleted, however it still works fine.!)

Ubuntu PPA

Alternatively, instead of building manually you can use the PPA.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:lukedjones/rog-core sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install rog-core

the rog-core service will run when the device is initialised.

I don't know about others, I do know I absolutely need the back-lighting for my keyboard during nighttime hours.

I used a program in GitHub that let me control the backlight colors in my Razer Blackwidow V2 Chroma. Don't remember name, but was cool. I currently don't have it installed, as I have it set the way I want it :)

• 1 month later...
On 25/04/2021 at 13:14, Mindovermaster said:

I used a program in GitHub that let me control the backlight colors in my Razer Blackwidow V2 Chroma. Don't remember name, but was cool. I currently don't have it installed, as I have it set the way I want it :)

Yes! I used that method. The way I'm understanding this, drivers for my ASUS here, the drivers are in the 5.11 kernel and beyond. I'm uncertain as I want to my ubuntu mainline kernel installer says the current latest kernel is 5.12.11.

So there has been a lot of changes since 5.11, I'm seeing. I'm hoping that Canonical will update the kernel to the latest.

Here's where I got my laptops backlit keyboard driver installed from: https://github.com/flukejones/rog-core  ( flukejones/rog-core )

• 2 months later...

UPDATE: I usually open my terminal and  do a sudo apt-get update then I'll throw sudo apt-get upgrade. Today I installed the Ubuntu mainline kernel installer, and realized that somehow, my kernel is now at 5.11.0-27.

Which is basically what I have wanted. I was going to wait until 22.04 dropped, so it can be hopefully implemented without me messing something up. I also realize now that the drivers for my ASUS ROG Zephyrus system

should hopefully function now without my having to go to the github link and install it from the command-line.  From 👉 https://github.com/flukejones/rog-core

Everything seems to be in great working order thus far.

• Like 1