MSI B350 Tomahawk takes 20+ seconds before starts to post/boot while VGA led blinks

Hello everyone, 
we all know there are some problmes with these boards, maybe someone can help me to solve the problem.

So after power button/switch is pressed in the left up corner of the monitor screen apears this underline mark: "_" that blinks for 20-25 seconds while on the mother board a red led near ram for VGA blinks for the same period of time, after that the underline on the screen at the same time with the led near ram memory  for VGA both disappear and the bios begin to boot/post. Every change or update made in bios ( I have latest update), does not change this 20+ seconds before post/boot. During this time any bios setup cannot make sense because during this time the bios does not post/boot. From what I understand the board makes some check for  videocard or I dont know what but just after this period the check beeps meaning ok test is done and then the boot/post process begins. Any Ideas? Do you have or had same issue?

The videocard is Nvidia quadro 2000 and I use Display Port cable which came whit the Dell Monitor. The card only has DP and DVI outputs, no HDMI, could this be linked to DP port/cable?

Thanks you very much !

After doing a quick search it seems that the biggest complaint about this board is the slow boot up. Is there no Fast Boot option in the BIOS?

The fact is that most motherboards have the "old way" of booting which means the BIOS checks everything first before booting, you can override some checks by enabling "Fast Boot" in the BIOS.

Another search shows that if you have v1.5 BIOS update it should make it quicker to boot, but I would first check you aren't letting the BIOS do a bunch of checks before booting. 

^

Yeah, Fast Boot will help.

Get the latest BIOS and get better. :)

Fast boot is enabled but all bios settings come alive only when posting after that 25 seconds of VGA led blink.

First the mobo makes that check blinking the VGA led before boot/post time. During this time you cannot enter bios settings.

Second it runs the bios boot/post and the bios comes alive and only now I can enter setup.

After booting windows come alive.

Can you test this with a spare GFX card or just use onboard?

Most likely there is something stopping Boot

Yeah I wonder if the BIOS is being set to use the GPU because that is also a BIOS setting, use onboard gfx or PCIe slot (GPU) it could help to check.

Newer GPU includes UEFI support rather than BIOS. I think your GPU does not support UEFI (at least as per TPU repository) and your motherboard BIOS is not able to handle it gracefully as a result you are getting slow 20+ seconds lag.

image.thumb.png.5e3fffbcac3f1cb75d494d9ce416e2c2.png

2 hours ago, Zlip792 said:

Newer GPU includes UEFI support rather than BIOS. I think your GPU does not support UEFI (at least as per TPU repository) and your motherboard BIOS is not able to handle it gracefully as a result you are getting slow 20+ seconds lag.

Well, if his motherboard doesn't support UEFI, that really doesn't matter.

I looked at it online, and it doesn't look like it supports UEFI.