Bill and Melinda Gates are ending their marriage

New York (CNN Business) Bill and Melinda Gates are ending their marriage after 27 years, the pair announced in a statement on their verified Twitter accounts.

"After a great deal of thought and a lot of work on our relationship, we have made the decision to end our marriage," the statement reads.

The couple founded their philanthropic organization, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, together in 2000. Since then, the foundation has spent $53.8 billion on a wide range of initiatives related to global health, poverty alleviation and more, according to its website.

//snip

CNN

Not something I would have predicted....

First Jeff Bezos, now Bill Gates, I guess having all the money you could possibly want still does not make you happy.

12 hours ago, Steven P. said:

I agree there. Ah well best wishes to them and theirs.

They both deserve a pat on the back for what they achieved together. They have made the world a better place with their billion plus dollars they have invested in to worthy causes.

Like you Steven I wish them both well and hope their fine work continues.

Edit: I now understand it is in the tens of billions donated to worthy causes. This is just staggering, why aren't these two humanitarians being honoured in some way!

I wish them the best. I think it must have been though if they decide to split now - but people change and there is not point of staying together if you don't want to.

My guess is she found a new lover - or maybe Bill did. Lol. Age is not relevant to the affairs of heart.

Clearly they still want to work together. Just not live together. 

Finances are not an issue - though I do wonder what Melinda is he getting in that divorce. 

I'll see myself out after saying this 😛

She keeps that house and he get the Windows.

6 minutes ago, primortal said:

I'll see myself out after saying this 😛

She keeps that house and he get the Windows.

Word...

Bill and Melinda Gates got divorced.

Melinda got the house...
But Bill kept the Windows.

Sorry, I'll get my coat 🤓