Demi Lovato announces they're non-binary

I will call people "he" or "she", if they take offence or correct me, I will apologise and move on. I'm Alf Garnett on this matter to be fair, don't understand it and can't be assed with it...God knows what it'll be like when my daughter gets to her teens and as well as deciding what she wants to do in life, has to decide what "gender" to be....ffs.

• 2 months later...

This is all fine, but people need to not get offended when asked specific questions relating to their scientific gender. My mother has had issues in the past for asking a lady of colour (if thats still the correct term to use), where she was originally from. The reason she asked was because genetics from some countries mean you are more likely to have certain conditions than others. She got loads of backlash from this lady who claimed she was simply being racist, which was of course not taken seriously, as it was a genuinely medical question.

So when she has a question relating to someone who identifies as non binary as to weather they have checked their balls for lumps or boobies etc, will she now get backlash for being insensitive to their non binary persons feelings? Its becoming\become a mine field and difficult not to upset people now days.

• Like 2

I will call you based of what you look like. If anyone is offended, that is their problem. This is out of control. Regardless of what you prefer to be called, when you go to get medical treatment, you are either a male or female based on your biological makeup.   I am not a mind-reader and cannot be expected to know what to call people. It is impossible to know with the many different pronouns being tossed around. 

Edited by techbeck
  • Like 2

On 19/05/2021 at 10:15, indospot said:

I sometimes think she just really wants to stay in the media cycle, I keep seeing this kind of news pop up about them every couple of weeks. It was just a couple months ago that they came out as bisexual (or just gay, I can't recall), and now this. 

There are apparently 58 genders on Facebook... maybe she'll have more announcements soon!

😛

Being an introvert it was already difficult to interact with people, but all these new social considerations makes it almost impossible to approach anyone without worry of sparking some kind of negative reaction. It's no wonder there are more and more introverts around these days... how can anyone navigate social situations as they are (or will be if this continues).

• 1 month later...
On 20/05/2021 at 04:56, Dick Montage said:

Anyone remember when she was vaguely famous as a musician?

Now all Demi Lovato is famous for is being a trainwreck. Seriously it’s like her PR agent just sees value in any piece of news.

DL comes out as bi

DL discusses her battle with eating disorders

DL identifies as non binary

DL discusses her abuse within the music industry 

You know what? DL probably just needs to not be in the public eye if she has all these things going on cos she clearly has some issues she needs to deal with

I think she was doing a bunch of drugs at one point and fried her brain. I can't remember what she or someone said in an article about it.

• 1 month later...

Anyone remember when she was vaguely famous as a musician?

Now all Demi Lovato is famous for is being a trainwreck. Seriously it’s like her PR agent just sees value in any piece of news.

DL comes out as bi

DL discusses her battle with eating disorders

DL identifies as non binary

DL discusses her abuse within the music industry 

You know what? DL probably just needs to not be in the public eye if she has all these things going on cos she clearly has some issues she needs to deal with

Sounds like,

Histrionic personality disorder (HPD) is defined by the American Psychiatric Association as a personality disorder characterized by a pattern of excessive attention-seeking behaviors, usually beginning in early childhood, including inappropriate seduction and an excessive desire for approval.

• Like 1