• 0

Unable to access any of the setting within the router


 Share

Question

This is an odd one. Going to 192.168.1.1 which is the address for accessing the router, I am able to login, but when I attempt to go to the connectivity settings, or the WiFi settings, I get a infinite waiting loading screen, and it never goes past that point. I have power cycled the router and it still will not allow me in to these areas. I have tried via FF and Edge. The router is a Linksys EA3800. At this point, I have no idea what to do next.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Are you running any browser extensions, like NoScript?

 

Have you tried doing a factory reset?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
6 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

Are you running any browser extensions, like NoScript?

 

Have you tried doing a factory reset?

 I was using Edge without any extensions running. I may have to do a factory reset, could it have anything to do with the PoE switch connected? I guess I should ask @BudMan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
20 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

 I was using Edge without any extensions running. I may have to do a factory reset, could it have anything to do with the PoE switch connected? I guess I should ask @BudMan

Id doubt that, but.. Do a factory reset, if that doesn't work, RMA or get a new one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

I was able to gain access via Linksys app on the cell phone, and there was a firmware update, so that may have resolved the issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
50 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

I was able to gain access via Linksys app on the cell phone, and there was a firmware update, so that may have resolved the issue.

Yeah, that could be.

 

Linksys? I would put DDwrt on there... :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

I am not sure - didn't come up with simple google.  But openwrt works just as well - some say better than ddwrt ;) You could most likely string together some random gibberish and call it code and load it up and it would be better than the native firmware of most soho routers ;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.