John McAfee found dead in Spanish prison, reports say

John McAfee found dead in Spanish prison, reports say

Antivirus company founder reportedly dies by suicide just hours after Spanish High Court authorizes his extradition to US on tax evasion charges

John McAfee, the founder of antivirus company McAfee, has been found dead in a Spanish prison, reports say.

He reportedly died by suicide on Wednesday afternoon in a prison cell, just hours following a decision by the Spanish High Court authorizing his extradition to the United States on charges of tax evasion.

Source

Suicide is popular with these wealthy guys.

7 minutes ago, Gotenks98 said:

Any cause of death yet?

U.S. technology entrepreneur John McAfee hanged himself in his prison cell on Wednesday after the Spanish high court authorised his extradition to the United States on tax evasion charges, his lawyer told Reuters.

McAfee still had opportunities to appeal his conviction but could not stand more time in jail, the lawyer Javier Villalba said. "This is the result of a cruel system that had no reason to keep this man in jail for so long," Villalba said.

During a court hearing last month, McAfee said that given his age, he would spend the rest of his life in jail if he were to be convicted in the United States. "I am hoping that the Spanish court will see the injustice of this," he said, adding "the United States wants to use me as an example."

Source and more

8 minutes ago, Xenon said:

Cant wait to hear the conspiracy theories people come up with.

Hey, I'm just saying...he said that he's going to release a device to prevent government surveillance 8 years ago and now he's found dead in a cell? It sounds a bit too convenient if you ask me...

10 minutes ago, Xenon said:

How's this? He knew he was going to priison so he probably paid off the guards to say he died. No body will be found or at least not his. How's that?

58 minutes ago, Gotenks98 said:

Any cause of death yet?

Someone suicided him.

34 minutes ago, Xenon said:

Can't wait for "the camera was not working the day of his suicide".

3 hours ago, notta said:

How's this? He knew he was going to priison so he probably paid off the guards to say he died. No body will be found or at least not his. How's that?

30 minutes after he died someone on his Instagram posted a picture of the letter Q. (That's real). So is Q now claiming that they murdered him and they left their calling card? That's mine. 

Hello,

Mr. McAfee very much lived life on his own terms, and this was very much his way of ensuring that.

There are no conspiracies, and he was not crazy, nor was he "suicided."

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky