Qnap blinking red light. Am I in trouble?

Hi guys. I am using the Qnap TS-x53Be with two 4TB (in RAID 1) drives since 2018. But since last week it, the machine status gave a blinking red light in the status and it is not working since then (I normally remote access to it but no connection). 

I tried to ask and search online, what I understood it can be either hardware or software. I can test if it is software if I press the rest button and see if it work or not. So far I just removed the 2 drives just to keep my data safe.

What I want to know is, if the reset did work and I need to redo the configuration again. How can I do that without losing data on my drives? Is there an option to rebuild the RAID configuration without losing data?

Note: There is a specific qnap forum to ask question. But I am having trouble with resetting the password for the account. That's why I am asking here.

Please advice me. And thank you in advance. 

Look at your manual for that device. Page 37.

On that page there are different red configurations. Red, blinking red, blinking green and red.

But I think on of your hdd's are dead.

For more information, @BudMan

I am planning to get another qnap device instead and plug in the two drives. Is it possible to reconfigure the raid without losing data?

Dude, did you do anything I said? There is a reason why it's blinking red. I showed you what it means. If you want to waste your money, go ahead.

I have a Synology  and you can still connect to the unit via browser without drives installed. 

I would follow Mindovermasters advice and check your user manual. You may simply need to reconfigure the software that runs your NAS. You may need to take drives out and factory reset the NAS.

Both drives being dead would be a phenomenal event, unless an electrical surge from lightning got them. If one drive is dead, get a new drive, pop it in and in the software, tell it to rebuild the array.

On 11/07/2021 at 17:43, Mindovermaster said:

Dude, did you do anything I said? There is a reason why it's blinking red. I showed you what it means. If you want to waste your money, go ahead.

Sorry I forgot what you said before I did the post.

Any how I tried to reset the device but with no luck. But what I noticed is that the fan wasn't working when it gives a red light, I checked the manual and it seems it could be a reason for this issue. 

I have opened the device and I will try to blow the dust. But suppose that didn't work and I need to perhaps replace the fan, any idea where can I find it online?

You understand what troubleshooting is? You have to look at each problem, and work your way down the line. We can't say anything for sure. We can only give suggestions.

You need to do a little work, too.