Richard Branson says he flew to the edge of space for equality *chokes on coffee*

I wasn't really sure where this belonged, in Real World Issues, Domestic Politics, the joke section? Anyway I settled for here in Real World News. This is the same guy that begged the UK and Australian governments to bail out Virgin Airlines (to the tune of $1.2 Billion) last year while telling staff the company faced a “massive battle to survive and save jobs”.

But the plea prompted a substantial backlash, with many pointing out that the entrepreneur has paid the exchequer no personal income tax since moving to the tax free British Virgin Islands 14 years ago. Branson, who is the 312th richest person in the world with an estimated $5.2bn (£4.2bn) paper fortune, (Source)

214101751_1245178492596712_3797684467925399256_n.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Dick Montage said:

Branson has the absolute best PR!  How he is so beloved is beyond me.

I think it's as simple as him being a self made man, regardless of anything else.

My work's managing director used to love him and is about the same age, I think he genuinely looked to him for inspiration.

On 13/07/2021 at 14:05, cacoe said:

I think it's as simple as him being a self made man, regardless of anything else.

My work's managing director used to love him and is about the same age, I think he genuinely looked to him for inspiration.

Self-made butthead, too.  Seriously, the man is a jerk.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Self-made butthead, too.  Seriously, the man is a jerk.

Not disputing that, it's just some people ignore everything else 🤣