Wireless Delay - Network Login Issues

It appears to be a pain in a a** to set up File Sharing w/ wireless connections.

My Powerbook: I have active directory set up, and for some reason when I first turn on or reboot my powerbook, I can not login. I have to login to a local account first, and then log out and log back in. Then it works flawlessly. To work around, I created a apple script to run in the local account so I can at least have my shares, however this bypasses auth via AD, but i could live with this.

My Dell Laptop: When I would first login, I had a bat file to automatically map drives. However, the bat file would always run before the network was ready. As a result, it would always time out. To work around this, I created a login script that delays for 7 seconds before running and it works flawlessly.

It appears that these two issues are similar. With the powerbook, I guess the airport service doesn't start until after you login for the first time. Does anyone have any thoughts / opinions about this.

These both connect to a Apple Airport Extreame.

Interesting.

I can connect to my iBook though apache or ssh before anybody has logged in, but I am using ethernet. I will try it with airport and see if I get the same problem.