Living Room PC Gamepads

Hi

Having just put together a small PC for use in my living room, for use with light gaming and a little emulation, can anyone suggest some gamepads that they use and are worth getting?

Thanks

On 02/08/2021 at 17:01, Dick Montage said:

Hi

Having just put together a small PC for use in my living room, for use with light gaming and a little emulation, can anyone suggest some gamepads that they use and are worth getting?

Thanks

Xbox One for sure. I tried a few PC gamepad and nothing beats Xbox and it works like magic with PC (unlike Sony one which I also love - but it is harder to get to work and configure).

100 percent sure of this answer ;)

On 02/08/2021 at 22:08, E.Worm Jimmy said:

Xbox One for sure. I tried a few PC gamepad and nothing beats Xbox and it works like magic with PC (unlike Sony one which I also love - but it is harder to get to work and configure).

100 percent sure of this answer ;)

Oh cool, they just work on PC or do I need a dongle or such?  Thanks

On 02/08/2021 at 17:14, Dick Montage said:

Oh cool, they just work on PC or do I need a dongle or such?  Thanks

Many PC games let you play with an Xbox Wireless Controller instead of a keyboard or mouse. Connect your controller to a Windows device by using a USB cable, the Xbox Wireless Adaptor for Windows, or over Bluetooth. Some Windows devices also come with Xbox Wireless built in so you can connect a controller directly without an adaptor.

Mine is a premade gaming PC - with Xbox wireless build in I think.  Not even sure it just works..  But at you can see in the  above quote from Xbox website. you can do it in 3 different ways.  

Personally I would just look for a used on online with Xbox wireless adapter - because they are built to be abused and are decently reliable for almost ever.

On my other PC Bluetooth alone was workable but a tiny bit laggy. For casual gaming it is fine but hardcore platformers were not really playable as every millisecond matters.

• Like 1