Minecraft question

My niece is playing Minecraft on PC Switch and Android. If I purchased minecraft coins that say they are for Xbox One, would the coins work on the PC/Switch/Android?

Most likely; if the Minecraft version your niece is playing it Bedrock Edition and not Java, they should be usable.

Your payment method may vary depending on which device you’re using to make a purchase. In all cases, by signing in with your Xbox Live account, you can access your Minecoins on any Minecraft device.* 

For example, if you play on both a Windows 10 device and an iPhone and purchase Minecoins on your iPhone, you’ll pay for the coins using your Apple Store account. Later, when you play on your Windows 10 device, your coins will be available along with any purchases that you made in the Minecraft Marketplace.  Then if you decide to purchase more Minecoins on your Windows 10 device, you’ll pay for them using your Microsoft account and your coins and purchases will be available the next time you play on your iPhone. If you later purchase a Fire TV, everything will also appear there when you sign in with your Xbox Live account. 

*Minecoins can be transferred to any Minecraft device except for PlayStation consoles. PlayStation versions of Minecraft use Tokens instead. These Tokens are not transferable to any other platform.

Marketplace FAQ

Sony doesn't play well with others, they are stuck in the era of wanting their cut if you want DLC on their platform, everyone else is fine with coin sharing.

On 17/08/2021 at 11:10, devHead said:

Most likely; if the Minecraft version your niece is playing it Bedrock Edition and not Java, they should be usable.

Java on the PC, but the Switch and Android are most likely Bedrock

On 17/08/2021 at 11:24, Louisifer said:

Marketplace FAQ

Sony doesn't play well with others, they are stuck in the era of wanting their cut if you want DLC on their platform, everyone else is fine with coin sharing.

OK, so would it be safe to buy the coins from Enbesa (the one I linked)? It seems like the FAQ is saying that it would work

It should work fine, I'm assuming with it being an Xbox one code it will still let you redeem it online even if you dont have the game on Xbox one. I haven't seen any warnings that it wont work in my search, only confused parents redeeming to their own accounts :D

I think will work fine. This made me remember how a friend bought Minecraft. It was given to him as a gift when his parents won a poker game. I think that's awesome unlike me who need to buy codes.