3070ti poor performance?

I recently bought a 3070ti and have been playing some RTX games like Godfall and Doom Eternal. I've found the performance to be pretty bad. Pretty choppy and almost not even playable. Do multiple monitors effect performance much? My primary monitor is a Samsung Odyssey G7 at 240hz 1440p. I also have a secondary LG 4K monitor just for having other stuff open. I disconnected the 4K monitor and played a bit of Godfall and the performance was way better, pretty much what I expected with RTX games. Does having a 2nd display, especially a 4K, hurt gaming performance that much?

On 20/08/2021 at 09:04, patseguin said:

I recently bought a 3070ti and have been playing some RTX games like Godfall and Doom Eternal. I've found the performance to be pretty bad. Pretty choppy and almost not even playable. Do multiple monitors effect performance much? My primary monitor is a Samsung Odyssey G7 at 240hz 1440p. I also have a secondary LG 4K monitor just for having other stuff open. I disconnected the 4K monitor and played a bit of Godfall and the performance was way better, pretty much what I expected with RTX games. Does having a 2nd display, especially a 4K, hurt gaming performance that much?

It shouldn't.

Windows 10?

On 20/08/2021 at 14:12, Mindovermaster said:

You have the latest drivers? Not just the ones MS provides.

Yes,  latest drivers from nVidia.

Hello,

I would imagine there is some overhead.  Have you tried powering down the secondary monitor (as opposed to physically disconnecting it) to see if it still affects performance?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky