1. +Dick Montage

2. hellowalkman

3. devHead

4. +warwagon

5. Elliot B.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Steven P.
      Previously, mobile comments were hard to moderate because all of the icons were bunched up together, and likes were not even visible.

Example (old way)

And now:

On mobile, likes no longer cause the other icons to move around or get added on a second line.

The update was also moved to the desktop view:

Comment management tools, such as edit and report at the top must be hovered over to see them, this keeps the comments looking cleaner.

Not hovered on ^^
    • By Steven P.
      For some reason, it was never ported back to the forum theme, which instead had a massive list of white or dark topics.

Next up I am going to see if I can get alternating post colors working again. 

This is a follow up to this change made earlier: 

• By Steven P.
      I have enabled a theme switcher for guests so they can choose between Light and Dark mode, and I have set the Light mode back to default.

I am going to work on it in the coming weeks and tone it down a bit, because it is rather bright!

Guests can find the theme switcher at the top right of the forums (this is also already possible on the main news site).
    • By Steven P.
      light_dark.mp4

Not everyone is a fan of a dark theme, so we've made it more obvious how people can switch right in the header, it's in the same spot when logged in too and it will now remember your choice properly so long as you allow site (Neowin) cookies.

We will also do this for the forums, I need to first look into how to do this properly for guests since they don't have access to the theme switcher menu.
    • By Steven P.
      The main page is now set to Darkside by default, I did this on the forums months ago, and no-one complained  

Every time I view the site as a guest I feel like my face is burning off

Hopefully with the darker theme new guests will stick around longer and explore the site a bit.

You can choose Orion (the white theme) through the theme toggle at the top of the Sidebar

Members can also use the member dropdown in the header navigation.

I also tweeted about it:
      Follow us! (we're also on Facebook).