The Detroit News


 Share

Recommended Posts

A 15-year-old boy was at the center of a Wayne County courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulation requiring that family unity be maintained to the highest degree possible. The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried and said that they also beat him. After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him. After two recesses to check legal references and confer with the child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Detroit Lions, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

Hey! They beat the Vikings this past Sunday!

 

Was funny as heck the way the coach talked about how they had to savor this win. Like they just won the Super Bowl.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 07/12/2021 at 12:28, E.Worm Jimmy said:

No idea who lions are but if I replace it with local sports team the joke still stands.

im pretty surprised given youre less than 400km from Detroit. Theyre currently the worst NFL team this season. they just got their 1st win on 12/5/21 and have a current record of 1-10-1.

 

Have you heard of the Cleveland Browns? Cleveland is <500km from Toronto. Buffalo Bills play 160km from you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 07/12/2021 at 12:45, Jason S. said:

im pretty surprised given youre less than 400km from Detroit. Theyre currently the worst NFL team this season. they just got their 1st win on 12/5/21 and have a current record of 1-10-1.

 

Have you heard of the Cleveland Browns? Cleveland is <500km from Toronto. Buffalo Bills play 160km from you.

I have 0 interest in American football.

 

It is not even a football - what you call soccer is the real Football 😅

 

Not even a sports fan but I can watch tennis and  and Olympics when they happen.... American football does nothing for me ... Can even sit through one game I am so bored. I would rather watch Darts FFS.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 07/12/2021 at 12:49, E.Worm Jimmy said:

I have 0 interest in American football.

 

It is not even a football - what you call soccer is the real Football 😅

 

Not even a sports fan but I can watch tennis and  and Olympics when they happen.... American football does nothing for me ... Can even sit through one game I am so bored. I would rather watch Darts FFS.

 

fare enough - im just surprised that you hadnt even heard of the teams, that's all. even i know the names of some of the CFL teams.

 

while soccer is growing in the US year-over-year, there are a ton of people that think soccer is way too boring and slow.

 

(and yes, all americans know that only we call it 'soccer.' that's not going to change since we already have american football.)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 07/12/2021 at 12:54, Jason S. said:

.

 

(and yes, all americans know that only we call it 'soccer.' that's not going to change since we already have american football.)

 

 

That's funny I just googles the origin of the word soccer and apparently it is not USA fault at all. Britain stopped using the word not so long ago. Funny how most people don't know that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.