Shipping Container Houses, BUT..

You know how they make shipping container homes, right? Like so:

image.thumb.png.b0d2e0a021278291ef6ea533eee5e96b.png

Here, they use "multiple" shipping containers.

Can you do that same thing with school buses? Have one bus on left, other on right, and have open space in the center? Garage? Living room?

I've just been thinking about this lately. I'm like, why can't you do that? Look all over the web, I haven't seen one picture about "multiple buses"

Am I thinking arse backwards, or..

Sounds like a nightmare to me. That aside, I'm assuming most people who convert a bus (school or otherwise) to a "house" do so because they can drive it around. Making it like you described above takes away that advantage. I guess there's nothing stopping you from parking two buses next to each other and taking the wheels off.

On 04/09/2021 at 01:03, virtorio said:

Sounds like a nightmare to me. That aside, I'm assuming most people who convert a bus (school or otherwise) to a "house" do so because they can drive it around. Making it like you described above takes away that advantage. I guess there's nothing stopping you from parking two buses next to each other and taking the wheels off.

Well, if the buses don't work, like from the dump, it would be cheaper.

I don't know, maybe I'm just thinking wrong..

One of my family used https://www.honomobo.com/us/home  for a office. It is actually really nice. But dont expect a container home to be much cheaper than a standard built. His office was built in Canada and shipped to his home where they installed it in his back yard. 

I get tiny homes, but not shipping containers/busses. The amount of effort and price to convert a shipping container into a comfortable living space often exceeds the price of a wood frame tiny home, and you're left with a house that looks like... a shipping container. To each their own though. At that point you might as well just get a mobile home/trailer/rv.

Yeah, I never said I wanted to build one, with all the extra stuff that goes into it. But just thinking about it. Like, could you do that?

On 04/09/2021 at 12:20, Mindovermaster said:

Yeah, I never said I wanted to build one, with all the extra stuff that goes into it. But just thinking about it. Like, could you do that?

Anything is possible, so yes.

On 04/09/2021 at 16:08, adrynalyne said:

Anything is possible, so yes.

With a bunch of work and research, yeah.. 😛

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/09/2021 at 12:20, Mindovermaster said:

I've seen airplane houses as well. Some look pretty cool. 

On 22/09/2021 at 11:07, techbeck said:

I've seen airplane houses as well. Some look pretty cool. 

I've seen that, too. Airplane, Old Water Towers, Upside Down House, Dr Suess House..