Wow, Sweet app to Rip DVDs...

I have been looking for an app like this for a while, and I finally found it :p

http://handbrake.m0k.org

Rips DVDs *DIRECTLY* to XviD or MPEG4, no need to rip it to your HD first or decrypt anything.

Quality is great, and the speed it really good compared to other apps I have used.

Before this app I had to use 0SEX to tip the DVD, then transcode it with ffmpegX or DiVA, but this works a lot better and saves a lot of time.

So yeah, this is a good OS X day for me, I found a lot of new apps that I will use all the time today.

post-60-1076734077.jpg

Gota love that bottom right check box, lol. (Y)

ROFL! That was exactly what I was thinking :D

Looks neat. I still like to do things myself, but it's cool to have these apps out there. I'll still be ripping on my PC, though. It has nothing better to do ;)

Mind sharing with us the other applications that you found today?

Sure, here they are:

http://www.macronsoft.com/pages/en/abdialer.html

Fully integrates with AddressBook and auto dials phone numbers using your modem. It works really well and I have been looking for something like it for a while.

http://www.unsanity.com/haxies/menumaster/

Lets you make custom shortcuts for any menu item, and edit existing ones. I hated how photoshop didnt use Apple+H to hide the app, but now it does for me :p

http://ittpoi.com/stem.php?product=com.itt...s&type=frameset

Sweet Screensaver, like the OS X 10.1 icon version, but better.

http://www.unsanity.com/haxies/menumaster/

Lets you make custom shortcuts for any menu item, and edit existing ones. I hated how photoshop didnt use Apple+H to hide the app, but now it does for me :p

i absolutely loathed the same thing in photoshop as well, so for sharing this link you sir are my favorite neowin member of the week!!! (Y)

i absolutely loathed the same thing in photoshop as well, so for sharing this link you sir are my favorite neowin member of the week!!! (Y)

Hehe, thanks ;)

Right now I am trying to get OS X's keyboard shortcut feature working, but it just wont work. Any iDeas?

I could use something like iKey, or QuickKeys, but those use a few % of my CPU power that I do not want to waste...

post-60-1076743836.jpg

Hehe, thanks ;)

Right now I am trying to get OS X's keyboard shortcut feature working, but it just wont work. Any iDeas?

I could use something like iKey, or QuickKeys, but those use a few % of my CPU power that I do not want to waste...

Hold down the "fn" key while pressing "f7." If this works, try out an app called uControl to make OS X have "real function keys."

BTW, what are all you people talking about with photoshop? I use command+H all the time to hide it and it works like a charm, the same as any app. You're all crazy. :wacko:

Hold down the "fn" key while pressing "f7." If this works, try out an app called uControl to make OS X have "real function keys."

BTW, what are all you people talking about with photoshop? I use command+H all the time to hide it and it works like a charm, the same as any app. You're all crazy.  :wacko:

Photoshop CS (And 7) uses Shift+Command+H to hide it or something stupid like that.

What I am looking for is a way to use F7 to Pause/Play iTunes.

Synregy is not free, iKey (what I am using now) uses 3-4% CPU power which is not cool. This should be a really simple app but I cant find one :(

Photoshop CS (And 7) uses Shift+Command+H to hide it or something stupid like that.

What I am looking for is a way to use F7 to Pause/Play iTunes.

Synregy is not free, iKey (what I am using now) uses 3-4% CPU power which is not cool. This should be a really simple app but I cant find one :(

It is really simple.

Sizzling Keys 4 iTunes lets you control all aspects of iTunes with hot keys you define. The hot keys are fully customizable via an intuitive Preference Pane plug-in. The freeware runs Mac OS X 10.2 or later

:)

In Photoshop CS you can change keyboard shortcuts within the app. Its under EDIT->KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS...

I've changed the hide to Command+H myself :)

BTW, what are all you people talking about with photoshop? I use command+H all the time to hide it and it works like a charm, the same as any app. You're all crazy.

yeah, its now the crazy combination of Shift-Command-H as someone pointed out.

The crazier thing for me is that sometimes that option gets greyed out all on its own!!! It really is the only bug i can say i have ever found in Photoshop, and the fact that sometimes it wants to work and sometimes it does not drives me even crazier.

I really have no idea how it can be working for you because for some reason they decided to make Command-H Extras in 7 and above. Maybe your still using 6 or something but Im defintely not :wacko: LOL

and I can say UContrrol doe work like a champ. You recommended it to me one time to give me back my control over my Powerbook! (Y)

and to Krook, I did not know Photoshop CS now actually gave you that option to Edit Keyboard Shortcuts like Flash has forever now. I just got the Creative Suite recently so I am figuring all the CS Apps now do that as well. Thanks for that info and I am going to use that instead.

took me like 5 hours to rip a dvd (from 6.13GB to 700MB). :cry:

but i'm impressed with the video quality and the ease of use of this app. :)

Well, unless you have A G5 or something, MPEG4 encoding is never fast.

The MPEG4 encoder is a lot faster for me then the XviD one, and the quality is really similar.

I am using a 900mhz G3, this is why I need a G5...

Sizzling Keys 4 iTunes lets you control all aspects of iTunes with hot keys you define. The hot keys are fully customizable via an intuitive Preference Pane plug-in. The freeware runs Mac OS X 10.2 or later

W00t, you found the app I was looking for :p

Thank you so much, Free and 0% use, exactly what I wanted ;)