Windows 10 availability after Windows 11 release

Probably, because 80% (just throwing numbers out) of the computers in existence can't run Windows 11

MS will stop producing keys and such but retailers are still going to sell their remaining stock of keys and install discs/USBs so yeah it'll be around for a bit.

I doubt MS will pull the installers either, they'll probably update the MediaCreationTool to have a selection between 10 and 11 or they'll separate out the apps.

Hello,

Historically, when a new version of Windows appears, operating system licenses for the previous version are available some time.  In some cases, even after the old version is no longer available as retail boxed product, it may still be possible to purchase a new PC which has the older version of Windows on it through "downgrade" rights (i.e., it is shipped with a licensed version of the older Windows).

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

• 3 weeks later...

I really need to get round to getting Windows 10 on my machine before it becomes difficult to do. 

Still on Windows 7. Still too lazy to wade through my many files and spring clean before moving to Win10.

On 10/10/2021 at 14:42, Technique said:

I really need to get round to getting Windows 10 on my machine before it becomes difficult to do. 

Still on Windows 7. Still too lazy to wade through my many files and spring clean before moving to Win10.

You're running an OS that's12 years old. Let that sink in for a moment. You skipped Windows 8, 8.1 and all the versions of Windows 10 since July 2015.

I backed everything up before upgrading to 11 from 10. Before that, I moved all of my files to another internal SSD and an external 3 TB hard drive.

On 11/10/2021 at 18:17, Yusuf M. said:

You're running an OS that's12 years old. Let that sink in for a moment. You skipped Windows 8, 8.1 and all the versions of Windows 10 since July 2015.

For a second there I thought you were going to follow it up with today is Tuesday (well, Monday when you wrote), the month is October, water is wet, fire burns etc.