Cowboy Bebop Live Action Opening Credits

Can’t wait to see it and hopefully they don’t screw it up.  These anime to live action never bode well.

Where’s Ed?

On 25/09/2021 at 20:59, primortal said:

Can’t wait to see it and hopefully they don’t screw it up.  These anime to live action never bode well.

Where’s Ed?

Even if they don't do it perfect it's better than nothing.  It's been how many centuries now?  :p

On 25/09/2021 at 21:59, primortal said:

Where’s Ed?

I said the same thing,

On 26/09/2021 at 04:59, primortal said:

Where’s Ed?

I don't think they're going to go that far into the story to bring Ed in.  Maybe in a season 2?  I don't know how close they're going to stick to the original animes storyline at this point.   Actually, I'd be down for them doing mostly new stuff and having this be a retelling + live action version.  I don't think we really need a 1:1 copy.

On 26/09/2021 at 06:17, George P said:

I don't think they're going to go that far into the story to bring Ed in.  Maybe in a season 2?  I don't know how close they're going to stick to the original animes storyline at this point.   Actually, I'd be down for them doing mostly new stuff and having this be a retelling + live action version.  I don't think we really need a 1:1 copy.

Ed is a part of the team and to leave her out for an entire season is going look bad.

I agreed we don’t need a direct copy but they need to stick to its canon the best that it can.  Just like the movie that took place in between the episodes.  The live action will be kind of both, https://gamerant.com/cowboy-bebop-netflix-series-remake-debunked/

On 26/09/2021 at 19:22, primortal said:

Ed is a part of the team and to leave her out for an entire season is going look bad.

I agreed we don’t need a direct copy but they need to stick to its canon the best that it can.  Just like the movie that took place in between the episodes.  The live action will be kind of both, https://gamerant.com/cowboy-bebop-netflix-series-remake-debunked/

Ed isn't part of the team from the start though.  She shows up later in the series, from episode 9-24.   So how long is this live action show going to be? 8 episodes?  She just might not show up if the story doesn't progress far enough.

/sigh

I guess I should watch the original series.  Or I should say, stick with it, since a few times I could not get into it.  Was mostly /meh.  But perhaps another attempt, I could take.

Never heard of this.  After briefly reading the wiki ... is it kinda like a Killjoys mixed with Firefly sort of thing?

On 26/09/2021 at 12:08, Jim K said:

Never heard of this.  After briefly reading the wiki ... is it kinda like a Killjoys mixed with Firefly sort of thing?

...the original show was in '98.  Killjoys definitely had some similarities...I don't know about Firefly.  Maybe Dark Matter, a bit.

On 26/09/2021 at 19:33, Randomevent said:

...the original show was in '98.  Killjoys definitely had some similarities...I don't know about Firefly.  Maybe Dark Matter, a bit.

Dark Matter was awesome. Shame that they cancelled that show. 

On 26/09/2021 at 12:49, FunkyMike said:

Dark Matter was awesome. Shame that they cancelled that show. 

I guess it felt weird to me at a point I'm not feeling like spoiling for anyone who hasn't watched it.  Not the biggest loss I've ever seen from a TV series but it was still a solid show.