Dock style for your Windows 11 taskbar with RoundedTB

I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but I find it quite interesting. It allows you to change the appearance of your Windows 11 taskbar to look more like the MacOS dock or those docks you see in some Linux distributions. The tool is called RoundedTB .

New features

Dynamic mode for Windows 11, providing a dock-like segmented taskbar!

Split mode, a simplified version of dynamic mode for Windows 10!

Independent margin controls!

Better support for TranslucentTB (version 2021.5 and above)!

An updated icon (including icons for the Development and Canary builds)!

A new help/about window!

Debug logging!

Bug fixes!

More bugs!

Check out the project's GitHub page at: https://github.com/torchgm/RoundedTB/releases

I would recommend to also watch a short video that demonstrates how it works and shows you how to get around some minor bugs: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT4Id5LDZ7o&t=7s

Screenshot 2021-10-01 113552.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Did the issue with the taskbar glitching out when switching virtual desktops get fixed? I ran into that when I tried it recently. 

On 01/10/2021 at 12:57, adrynalyne said:

Did the issue with the taskbar glitching out when switching virtual desktops get fixed? I ran into that when I tried it recently. 

Hmmm I haven't tried that feature yet, but it has run bug free for me for what I want it for which is basically making the taskbar look like a dock.

Not bad...but the screen shots showing the system tray separated like that looks awkward. I wish we could move the system tray around, or dock it to the side or on top.

On 02/10/2021 at 11:02, ultimate99 said:

Not bad...but the screen shots showing the system tray separated like that looks awkward. I wish we could move the system tray around, or dock it to the side or on top.

Check out the video,  you may use it in different ways. You can even completely hide the system tray if you wish.

On 04/10/2021 at 08:15, Steven P. said:

Hmm I struggled to see the use of this in Windows 11, it seems TranslucentTB on its own achieves the same effect. https://github.com/TranslucentTB/TranslucentTB/releases/tag/2021.4

That looks good too, however, can you make the taskbar look like a Dock with the rounded corners  like you can with RoundedTB? That's the main reason I use it. This program doesn't require installation either and it has almost zero memory or CPU usage.

I like the dock style with rounded corners, as it matches the rest of the Windows 11 GUI.  Maybe it's just me, but the way it looks by default looks a little odd to me.