Lord of the Rings leads Oscars with 13 nominations

The fantasy epic ``The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring'' led the Oscar field Tuesday with 13 nominations, best picture, director and supporting actor among them.

Other best-picture nominees were ``A Beautiful Mind,'' a dramatization of math genius John Nash's struggle with schizophrenia; the class-war satire and murder mystery ``Gosford Park''; ``In the Bedroom,'' a low-budget tale of family tragedy and vengeance; and ``Moulin Rouge,'' a tragicomic musical set in 1899 Paris.

Read the rest here

I have never read the books but I enjoyed every minute of the movie. Its not my fav of the year, Memento was, but at least IT got nominated for best original screen play :)

hmm, i just happened to watch memento last night.

i was a bit dissapionted really. i mean the beginning and the ending (or ending and beginning ;) were cool - but it was still sooo slow.

5stars for the concept - 3 for implementation.

cannot belive it got 8.6/10 on imdb.

anyway, LOTR was great though - pity you have to wait so long between films

Keldyn, I'm not sayign the movie was not good or enjoyable. I'm just saying that the screenplay wasn't up to the same standard as other movies...

We are given no real reason why Merry and Pipin would just take off like they did. In Moria when Strider and Frodo are trapped on the bridge, it just so happens to fall just right, it could easily have gone the other way or sideways. Not enough time was given to expand on the characters, they kinda felt 1 dimensional....

Originally posted by neo1980  

The fantasy epic ``The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring'' led the Oscar field Tuesday with 13 nominations, best picture, director and supporting actor among them.  

I'v been watching the DVD all week - It's as good as, if not better than the holy trinity (AKA Star Wars - the original non-commercial/Jar Jar episodes). Definately up there on my all-time greatest list with Braveheart and the Matrix.

(I've got the screeners DVD ripped onto my HD :D :p :D )

Originally posted by Gooey  

Keldyn, I'm not sayign the movie was not good or enjoyable. I'm just saying that the screenplay wasn't up to the same standard as other movies...

Gooey... i didnt mean to come across as sounding rude. Sorry for that. As for the movie not answering alot of questions it could be due to the fact that its a three part movie. I dunno.... Im sure by the end ( part 2 & 3 ) most of those questions will be answered.

Greetz