What time will Windows 11 be released on October 5 ?

Any thoughts on what time Windows 11 will be released via MCT and/or Windows Update?

Most Microsoft updates are released around 19.00 CEST (10.00 AM PDT, 1.00 PM EDT).

Will W11 be the same? Or maybe a different time?

• kiddingguy changed the title to What time will Windows 11 be released on October 5 ?
On 03/10/2021 at 08:57, Mindovermaster said:

Really, who cares? It'll be out when it gets out, you'll probably get a slow download, too. With everyone in this world downloading it..

@kiddingguy cares....

• Facepalm 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 03/10/2021 at 14:15, Mindovermaster said:

no, really? /s

Hey, when you purposely ask stupid questions, you’ll receive stupid answers. 

• Facepalm 1
  • Haha 1

On 03/10/2021 at 16:17, adrynalyne said:

Hey, when you purposely ask stupid questions, you’ll receive stupid answers. 

Kiddingguy asked a stupid question, too, so..

• Facepalm 2

On 03/10/2021 at 14:22, Mindovermaster said:

Kiddingguy asked a stupid question, too, so..

Go on, how was it stupid? Because it wasn’t important to you? 

• Facepalm 1

On 03/10/2021 at 16:25, adrynalyne said:

Go on, how was it stupid? Because it wasn’t important to you? 

No, because Windows 11 won't be out to everyone at any set time. You'll get it when you get it. No need to go out spilling out your beans down to the exact second..

Edit: It's coming out sometimes on October 5th.

• Facepalm 2

Opt in to the release preview and get it now then opt out once it is installed.  There's no need to obsess over the "actual" release, so there you go.  22000.194 is the release preview version, and it'll end up being the "gold". 

• Like 1

On 03/10/2021 at 17:36, kiddingguy said:

Any thoughts on what time Windows 11 will be released via MCT and/or Windows Update?

Most Microsoft updates are released around 19.00 CEST (10.00 AM PDT, 1.00 PM EDT).

Will W11 be the same? Or maybe a different time?

My vote goes to 10AM PDT.

• Like 1

On 04/10/2021 at 08:57, Steven P. said:

My vote goes to 10AM PDT.

I hope it arrives soon. Judging by the comments it appears the natives are getting restless. 😋😎

On 04/10/2021 at 00:02, Jumping Jacinta said:

I hope it arrives soon. Judging by the comments it appears the natives are getting restless. 😋😎

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

On 03/10/2021 at 10:57, Mindovermaster said:

Really, who cares? It'll be out when it gets out, you'll probably get a slow download, too. With everyone in this world downloading it..

While it's not life changing knowledge, I wouldn't mind knowing as well. 

Wow, is everyone in a really bad mood today or something? 😄

My computer isn't compatible anyway but Windows 11 just doesn't seem very interesting to me; kind of looks like a downgrade at the moment. I'll give it a few years to mature.

Edited by Skyfrog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My PC isn't compatible either (only the CPU which is a 6700K) but if you run the MCT and upgrade that way you can accept a caution saying you aren't "entitled" to updates and if you accept you take the risk....

I assume "entitled" means you should get updates technically, but still can,a though in a way this is a good thing if you don't get updates via WU as you can still create new media using the MCT and simply do an in-place update manually. Effectively this means no more forced Windows Updates and restarts lol but I bet you that WU will still work just fine.

Will be doing my system wiring clean up i think early on October 5th, then  hopefully by time WIndows 11 MCT avaialble for supported system, i should be good to go, unless the wiring cleanup takes me longer than i plan it to lol,  plus dust clean out at same time after wiring cleaned up is my tenative plan at the moment

On 04/10/2021 at 00:47, Skyfrog said:

Wow, is everyone in a really bad mood today or something? 😄

My computer isn't compatible anyway but Windows 11 just doesn't seem very interesting to me; kind of looks like a downgrade at the moment. I'll give it a few years to mature.

Indeed, someone is getting sour 😝

I guess the MCT will be updated, and with that the option to run the upgrade. Instead of waiting for W11 to be served to you.

On 03/10/2021 at 17:39, Steven P. said:

giphy.gif

hey there's my peeps I knew they existed somewhere....where is that now ;)

I'm up for the final build, somehow I doubt it'll be .194

I can't say if they'll stagger the rollout or not but haven't heard anything like that.

On 04/10/2021 at 04:01, Steven P. said:

I am going to keep my HP Pavilion x360 (i5-7200U) on Windows 11 so I can see what updates I am "allowed" to install.

i'm VERY interested to see what updates i'm "allowed" to install too

I mean yeah it'd be nice to know when MS plans on putting it out for public download like when are they going to put a media creation tool and such up... but whatever apparently no one cares 😆

On 04/10/2021 at 07:29, warwagon said:

i'm VERY interested to see what updates i'm "allowed" to install too

so far you should get new W11 cumulative updates thru WU.
and those CUs can also be manually downloaded & installed thru either uup dumps or from MS Update Catalog like KB5005635

On 04/10/2021 at 11:46, Mr_Rogers said:

I thought all updates were allowed. It's just that it throws a threatening unsupported message beforehand.

all updates except maybe the big W11 feature updates. Microsoft could refuse to offer feature updates to unsupported W11 systems.  we'll see what happens next year in autumn 2022 when the first Win11 feature update come out