Windows Hello slow to authenticate after recent Patch Tuesday

Windows 10 build 19043.1288 after upgrading Patch Tuesday every time I boot into Windows the camera takes half a minute to start working and I get a message "Getting things ready" which is also new, then Windows Hello works as normal, but that delay is irritating.

Before Patch Tuesday and for the time I have had my Logitech Brio Stream (3 years) Windows Hello login has always been instant.

I use a webcam for signing in like you, but I do not have any delay. Maybe it's the webcam. I tried 3 Brios and never found it reliable, if it worked under Hello at all, check you have the latest firmware, that helps.

On 20/10/2021 at 10:00, NinjaGinger said:

I use a webcam for signing in like you, but I do not have any delay. Maybe it's the webcam. I tried 3 Brios and never found it reliable, if it worked under Hello at all, check you have the latest firmware, that helps.

I will clear out the drivers and reinstall it, thanks. A while ago, maybe two months ago, the camera actually stopped working after a Patch Tuesday update (and wasn't recognized in Windows anymore) I reinstalled the drivers to get it working again.