New laptop question

The size of the SSD is quite small, but it might not be a problem given what youbwant to do with it. Other than that it'd perfectly fine

For general use, that is more than adequate! Should be a pretty nippy laptop. Especially for what you are going to be expecting of it.

• Nick H. changed the title to New laptop question
On 21/10/2021 at 11:31, Bruinator said:

I already have an external SSD with 500 GB storage. That should be more than OK with this laptop?

Than this one you picked is more than enough :)

Looks really capable for that money. I picked up a Pavilion x360 in 2017 and it only has a 120GB NVMe in it, as it is just for working I've not had the need for a larger disk space in it. If you need it, might be worth looking into a OneDrive subscription (gives me 1TB over my Office 365 Personal subscription) which then allows me to add a cloud drive to Windows. So I get all the Office apps and 1TB of Onedrive for about $70/year

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am looking to buy a new laptop. I am wondering which brand you guys think are better ones on the market? if you could list your top 4 brands I would appreciate it. I am lookin to spend around $700. I am not a gamer, i dont do any editing, sometimes I do watch movies online, i use the net, email, video calls and basic computer things. IF you can recommend brand and model that would be great as well.

If you need an other info plz ask me. Prefer to have minimum 256 to 512 GB SSD. quad core, I5 10 or 11th gen. intel or equivalent AMD, 8 to 12 GB RAM 3 usb ports, hdmi port, ethernet port.

TIA

At 700, it doesn’t matter much. Level of quality is dependent on company and within that company, price. 

That said:

Apple

Lenovo

Dell

ASUS

On 22/10/2021 at 21:22, adrynalyne said:

At 700, it doesn’t matter much. Level of quality is dependent on company and within that company, price. 

That said:

Apple

Lenovo

Dell

ASUS

i thought u didnt like dell?

I think I'm the one that said I hate Dell..

All laptops consumer line sucks, pre-1k. But their business line is superb. But you are buying an arm and leg.

On 22/10/2021 at 21:45, Mindovermaster said:

I think I'm the one that said I hate Dell..

All laptops consumer line sucks, pre-1k. But their business line is superb. But you are buying an arm and leg.

my bad, yes it was you, Sorry Ad.

On 22/10/2021 at 20:47, Bruinator said:

my bad, yes it was you, Sorry Ad.

Secondly, why did you start a new thread when you have one in Hardware Hangout? Double threads in different sections aren't a good thing..

what do u guys think of this?  https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/dell-laptops-and-notebooks/vostro-5510-laptop/spd/vostro-15-5510-laptop/smv155w11p1c7500c

On 22/10/2021 at 21:49, Mindovermaster said:

Secondly, why did you start a new thread when you have one in Hardware Hangout? Double threads in different sections aren't a good thing..

Sorry, it has been a very aggravating day as my laptop died and my desktop monitor died as well  plus taking care of a handicapped elderly mom.

On 22/10/2021 at 20:50, Bruinator said:

Sorry, it has been a very aggravating day as my laptop died and my desktop monitor died as well  plus taking care of a handicapped elderly mom.

You weren't aggravative when you PM'd me..