New laptop issue


 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

I got my new laptop today but it is having issues with its initial setup. For some reason, I select my region, keyboard, skip second keyboard and all those options work fine. When I get to the option of Lets connect you to a network and I try to select NEXT it is grayed out. Does anyone know or experienced this issue and how to solve it?

 

Lenovo had me reset the computer which took 3.5 hours and didnt work, they had me turn off my router and it still isnt working so I am trying here since I am pretty sure you guys might have seen this issue and know what to do. If someone could help me out i would appreciate it. I also tried calling MS but they dont offer phone support for home users. This world is getting sad.

 

TYVM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What Lenovo laptop is it? Some laptops have physical buttons for enabling the WiFi like a toggle switch. Lenovo have business laptops which may well include such an option, but without knowing the model of your laptop, it is a bit hard to guess..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/10/2021 at 17:06, Steven P. said:

What Lenovo laptop is it? Some laptops have physical buttons for enabling the WiFi like a toggle switch. Lenovo have business laptops which may well include such an option, but without knowing the model of your laptop, it is a bit hard to guess..

Lenovo ideapad 3. I forgot to add this laptop doesnt have an ethernet port.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does the laptop have slider switch on the side or front that enables or disables your Wi-Fi? Some do and if so yours may have gotten slid into the "OFF" position.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/10/2021 at 18:13, Dale Burke said:

Does the laptop have slider switch on the side or front that enables or disables your Wi-Fi? Some do and if so yours may have gotten slid into the "OFF" position.

No, if you look at this link this is what i see.   https://www.meganlike.com/2021/10/issie-with-windows-10.html and i am stuck right there. Unable to do anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Either A ) The Wi-Fi is disabled (Via the button or in the UEFI ), faulty Wi-Fi card or it's having a driver issue.

 

Either way just use my wonderful workaround to bypass this screen and get it booted to the desktop so you can troubleshoot it from in windows

 

https://www.neowin.net/news/you-can-still-complete-windows-11-home-setup-without-internet/

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

See if it's retained the WiFi settings with this guide below (step 3) and try again. You should be able to do a Shift + F10 from the setup screen to bring a cmd console and perhaps setup with an offline account.

https://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-delete-or-forget-wireless-network-profiles-windows-10/

 

Failing that perhaps use the Win 10/11 media creation assistant and load a newer version, then use Lenovo system update/vantage to install the OEM drivers and optimisations after.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/10/2021 at 18:46, warwagon said:

Either A ) The Wi-Fi is disabled (Via the button or in the UEFI ), faulty Wi-Fi card or it's having a driver issue.

 

Either way just use my wonderful workaround to bypass this screen and get it booted to the desktop so you can troubleshoot it from in windows

 

https://www.neowin.net/news/you-can-still-complete-windows-11-home-setup-without-internet/

 

 

No luck with this option. Thx though.

 

I tried hooking up my windows 11 external hard drive and that works fine on this PC. Can i try to fix this pc this way if i need to download something on it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/10/2021 at 19:08, Bruinator said:

No luck with this option. Thx though.

That should work as i'm aware they haven't fixed that loops hole. Did you try typing the command in the command prompt?

 

taskkill /F /IM oobenetworkconnectionflow.exe

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/10/2021 at 20:09, warwagon said:

That should work as i'm aware they haven't fixed that loops hole. Did you try typing the command in the command prompt?

 

taskkill /F /IM oobenetworkconnectionflow.exe

it doesnt allow me to get into command prompt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/10/2021 at 19:11, Bruinator said:

it doesnt allow me to get into command prompt.

press shift + F10 or shift + fn + F10

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/10/2021 at 19:14, Bruinator said:

tried that too. Dont work.

That's strange.. I know they didn't stop that from working. 

 

So I guess i'll unveil my other workaround in this thread. When I type a command the command i'm typing is 

 

taskkill /F /IM oobenetworkconnectionflow.exe

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/10/2021 at 20:19, warwagon said:

That's strange.. I know they didn't stop that from working. 

 

So I guess i'll unveil my other workaround in this thread. When I type a command the command i'm typing is 

 

taskkill /F /IM oobenetworkconnectionflow.exe

 

 

Unless i am not understanding u correctly, how can I type a command when i cant get into command prompt?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/10/2021 at 19:47, Bruinator said:

Unless i am not understanding u correctly, how can I type a command when i cant get into command prompt?

per the video you make a command prompt appear in the background that you can't see. I thought i explained it pretty good in the video.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/10/2021 at 20:55, warwagon said:

per the video you make a command prompt appear in the background that you can't see. I thought i explained it pretty good in the video.

What video? Plz excuse my stupidity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/10/2021 at 20:19, warwagon said:

That's strange.. I know they didn't stop that from working. 

 

So I guess i'll unveil my other workaround in this thread. When I type a command the command i'm typing is 

 

taskkill /F /IM oobenetworkconnectionflow.exe

 

 

If you are talking about this, all i see is a black box.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/10/2021 at 20:07, Bruinator said:

If you are talking about this, all i see is a black box.

it's a youtube video. Try clicking on the title to be taken to yotube.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/10/2021 at 21:17, warwagon said:

it's a youtube video

Let me look on my desktop to see if i can see it on there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/10/2021 at 21:18, Bruinator said:

Let me look on my desktop to see if i can see it on there.

Black box on desktop as well. Any other way i can see the video, maybe a link?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/10/2021 at 18:46, warwagon said:

Either A ) The Wi-Fi is disabled (Via the button or in the UEFI ), faulty Wi-Fi card or it's having a driver issue.

 

Either way just use my wonderful workaround to bypass this screen and get it booted to the desktop so you can troubleshoot it from in windows

 

https://www.neowin.net/news/you-can-still-complete-windows-11-home-setup-without-internet/

 

 

I tried this link and it is a black box on there as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/10/2021 at 20:41, Bruinator said:

did u say hit tab 6 times? BTW this video i can view.  LOL

yes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello,

 

Can I ask what the model is of the Lenovo IdeaPad 3?  It could be something like IdeaPad 3 12ABC34, or maybe there's a Machine Type Model label on the bottom of the unit which reads 12AB-34CD56EF.  Don't share the serial number, though, as that's private information.  With that information, it might be easier to figure out what sort of Wi-Fi adapter it shipped with, and how to enable it.

 

Possibly a silly question, but do you have a spare USB to Ethernet adapter you can temporarily attach to the computer, just to get through the installation process and then to run Windows Update (or Lenovo Vantage) to get the missing device driver for the computer's Wi-Fi adapter?  Once that's done, you can unplug it and continue on with the Wi-Fi connection.

 

Regards,

 

Aryeh Goretsky

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.