Multi boot usb drive question

Hi,

I am trying to set up a flash drive so I can boot into either acronis true image 2019 or macrium reflect 7 live editions. What software do you guys recommend using if this is even possible?

TIA

Brandon, I tried using yumi but i am not sure i am using it correctly. When I select a distribution to put on drive D, what do I select for the option for acronis true image and macrium reflect plz?

if they're not in the list then there should be an 'other' or 'misc' option but I'm pretty sure they should be in the list and it has default support for recovery tools like that. then you just browse for the ISO

the screenshot on the site shows it pretty well

image.png.447fa799313f352286855ef5f2d688c3.png

image.png.1db50ec84121e60ae47dfc40c59e5580.png

doesn't look like macrum has native support so for that one you'd use

image.png.53c39a3036526fca0847e257d78a6187.png

oh you downloaded the the legacy version. not sure if that one's still maintained. scroll down a little farther on the webpage and you'll see the UEFI compatible one; it still supports BIOS as well if needed.

image.png.09e91ffa4b217f55af681378ebf645b5.png

https://www.pendrivelinux.com/downloads/YUMI/YUMI-UEFI-0.0.4.2.exe

edit: the lagacy and UEFI versions used to be on separate pages, not sure when/why they merged them together lol

edit2: it looks like the only reason they keep the legacy app around is for Wine use; there's a note that the old version works in Wine but the new one doesn't yet.

On 12/11/2021 at 15:28, Bruinator said:

Tried that as well and i couldnt get the softwares listed.

So you are saying Ventoy boots but the list is empty? Assuming Ventry boots there really isn't much too it you just put the ISO on the root of the ventoy drive.

Brandon, is the reason my laptop is booting to my desktop after i restart it is "(though need to disable Secure Boot when using)" ? I assume yes but can you confirm that for me plz?

+warwagon, i assume this could be the reason as well?

EDIT.... Brandon, acronis true image is listed but macrium is not. Should i assume it is not compatible?

Edited by Bruinator

On 12/11/2021 at 16:42, warwagon said:

So you are saying Ventoy boots but the list is empty? Assuming Ventry boots there really isn't much too it you just put the ISO on the root of the ventoy drive.

Once the flash drive is created with ventoy, all i have to do is copy the iso's of acronis and macrium onto the ventoy drive under This PC, correct?

On 12/11/2021 at 16:42, warwagon said:

ok guys, Ventoy worked just fine. Thx for all the help.

• Like 2

On 12/11/2021 at 16:23, Bruinator said:

ok guys, Ventoy worked just fine. Thx for all the help.

Ya it's great! I use it on my repair workstation on my shop, I have an Sata to usb adapter and I installed ventoy on a 64GB SSD.