‘Quantum Leap’ Sequel Pilot Greenlit by NBC

I don't really know anything about NBC as a network, so I can only judge the trailer against the original show... And all I can say about it based on that trailer is... Oh boy...

That's not a fair assessment as the show hasn't started yet, so I'll give it a few episodes to get going, but yeah.. So far... oh boy...

On 17/09/2022 at 17:26, Zathras5 said:

Quantum Leap Vet Scott Bakula Reveals His 'Very Difficult Decision' to Pass on NBC Reboot

That stinks. Maybe he'll change his mind later on if the show is successful.

It's a damn shame, but we have to respect his decision.

Pity though...  Maybe at some future point he'll agree to a special or something... Maybe to finally bring Sam home?  I know the original said he never did, but I wouldn't object to a retcon of that.

On 20/09/2022 at 11:44, Steven P. said:

So did anyone catch this last night? Was it any good?

I liked it... they piqued my interest with the little mystery they set up.  Definitely will be watching a few more episodes.

On 20/09/2022 at 18:22, Zathras5 said:

I liked it... they piqued my interest with the little mystery they set up.  Definitely will be watching a few more episodes.

Just watched it, I thought they were respectful to the original, and I like the characters so far.

• 1 year later...

I watched 3 episodes and then had no desire to watch any more. Nothing wrong with it specifically but it all felt a bit generic. A box-ticking post-Galactica by-the-numbers revisiting of a classic series. Nothing I haven’t seen before so why bother…

Watched all of season one, it was alright. Don't think I'll be bothering with season 2 though. Perhaps if Bakula makes a guest appearance, I'll tune back in.

On 09/10/2023 at 03:37, Brian Miller said:

Is it just me or does this new series absolutely suck? The writing is just awful

It's not the continuing story of Sam Beckett, so I haven't even bothered. 

On 11/10/2023 at 07:40, FloatingFatMan said:

It's not the continuing story of Sam Beckett, so I haven't even bothered. 

I mean, that was the one part of it that pleases me - not a remake or recasting, but a later continuation of the overall story. But it felt like through all of that, they’d essentially learned nothing and were back where they were before anyway. Oh boy…

• 5 months later...

Ahh that's a shame, I mean it wasn't top tier TV, but I enjoyed watching it. But yeah, it did not have the charm of the original and that probably did not help it.

Ba ba ba bah babababa ba ba ba baaaaah... dodododo dododo do do dooooo!

Yeah queue the intro with the ginger kid crashing his Greece-esque car, Sam punching someone out then giving the thumbs up.

I love how he felt guilty about kissing other women as he was a 'good guy' then once he found out he was married it totally ######ed him up.

RIP Dean Stockwell.

• Like 1