It’s Been over 17 Years

I joined late August 2001, good to see old timers still here and there. I never really left, just stopped posting - still visit every day or other day :)

I was a lurker from 2001 to 2003 then I joined on August 4th, 2003. 

Next month will be 20 years since I joined the forum, but have visited this site pretty much every day since the Whistler beta days. PCs have become a lot more like appliances in the meantime, but there's still plenty of fun to be had in the self-hosting world :)

I reckon that this site, Anandtech & Ars Technica are my oldest online destinations, long may they all live!

I joined in November 2004 back when I was still at uni. What a username. Sounds like some hygiene product ha  what was I thinking back then. oh well stuck with it now. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/02/2022 at 00:53, guitarf1 said:

My last activity here was on Wednesday October 27th 2004, which was 17 years, 3 months, and 13 days ago. I managed to make it back with some help.

To be perfectly honest, I didn't even recognize my account's activity until I found a picture post of a lunar eclipse that I had taken and matched up. Words are easily forgotten, but pictures remain.

One of the bigger surprises was seeing how neowin.net has such amazing content retention! If only I had kept my old computers and had taken more screenshots back then.

I would like to see more people come back to forums in general. It seems older ones like Amdmb.com have died or were rebranded.

Welcome back!

• 3 months later...

Anyone remember the topic about the guy who found out his sister was a p*rnstar? think his sisters stage name is/was Kacey something...

On 10/09/2022 at 23:13, Matthew S. said:

Anyone remember the topic about the guy who found out his sister was a p*rnstar? think his sisters stage name is/was Kacey something...

I need to have my memory refreshed, please .

On 10/09/2022 at 17:47, Steven P. said:

I need to have my memory refreshed, please .

search Kacey in either member metrop or the subscribers forum, gotta be in one of those two lol