Black FedEx Driver Says White Father and Son Chased, Shot at Him While He Was Delivering Packages in Miss.

A father and son are facing criminal charges after allegedly chasing and shooting at a Black FedEx driver while he was delivering packages in Brookhaven, Miss.

The driver, 24-year-old D'Monterrio Gibson, was delivering packages to a home in the city on Jan. 24 at around 7 p.m. when he says the driver of a white pickup truck approached him and started blowing his horn, CNN reported.

When Gibson tried leaving after thinking he was in the pickup truck's way, the driver allegedly tried cutting him off.

"At that point my instincts kick in, and I swerve around him as he is trying to cut me off to avoid getting stuck in the neighborhood," Gibson said, per CNN.

As he drove further down the street, a man in the road allegedly started to point a gun at the vehicle and eventually fired shots that struck the van.

CNN reported that affidavits show Gregory Case was driving the truck chasing Gibson and his son, Brandon Case, was the person in the street pointing the gun at him.

[...]

https://people.com/crime/black-fedex-driver-says-white-father-and-son-chased-and-shot-at-him-in-mississippi/

• Sad 3

I love how they try to "subtly" show why the idiots shot at this man

At the time of the alleged incident, Gibson was in a Hertz rental van featuring two Hertz stickers on the back. Moore told CNN his client was wearing a FedEx jacket, shirt and pants, although the vehicle didn't have any FedEx markings.

to me, this was unnecessary to add because for the last year+ we have seen amazon, ups and fedex use rented vans and dont see people "shooting at them" because of a "perceived" threat.  

Some states in the country need to get this ###### together or ###### off. Its 2022 and yall still racist as ######

On 12/02/2022 at 21:34, Sikh said:

to me, this was unnecessary to add because for the last year+ we have seen amazon, ups and fedex use rented vans and dont see people "shooting at them" because of a "perceived" threat.  

They did that long before the last year.  The drivers around here seem to prefer the rentals.

It'll be kind of odd if their entire fleet is ever modernized.

Wow, those people are crazy. I've been seeing Hertz vans delivering here for months now. I never once thought about shooting at them, I'm guessing drugs are involved with that level of paranoia.

On 12/02/2022 at 22:34, Sikh said:

>

Some states in the country need to get this ###### together or ###### off. Its 2022 and yall still racist as ######

News flash; they're in all states and they come in all flavors. 

On 13/02/2022 at 03:34, Sikh said:

America comes across as soooo racist to the rest of the world thanks to negative western media constantly bringing up incidents like this, but there are FAR FAR FAR worse countries in the world when it comes to racism... Some where it's even state organised, support and sponsored.  Some where you can be stripped of your possessions, imprisoned, brainwashed and even murdered just because you're not the same ethnicity as the people holding power...

On 13/02/2022 at 04:44, Chaos Mage said:

They did that long before the last year.  The drivers around here seem to prefer the rentals.

It'll be kind of odd if their entire fleet is ever modernized.

Perhaps the rentals don't have all the tracking systems and internal cameras watching the drivers constantly?  I know which I'd prefer to drive if so...

On 13/02/2022 at 02:40, FloatingFatMan said:

Perhaps the rentals don't have all the tracking systems and internal cameras watching the drivers constantly?  I know which I'd prefer to drive if so...

It's more that they have speakers and air conditioning.  Not talking bout Amazon here.

On 13/02/2022 at 02:40, FloatingFatMan said:

America comes across as soooo racist to the rest of the world thanks to negative western media constantly bringing up incidents like this, but there are FAR FAR FAR worse countries in the world when it comes to racism... Some where it's even state organised, support and sponsored.  Some where you can be stripped of your possessions, imprisoned, brainwashed and even murdered just because you're not the same ethnicity as the people holding power...

Dont know why other countries came up in your reply but I'm a america native and I know how racist people are here. All that matters to me is here, im not comparing us to other countries cause I dont live in those countries.

Regardless of whatever it was you were trying to say, this is ######. Plain and simple

On 13/02/2022 at 03:40, FloatingFatMan said:

America comes across as soooo racist to the rest of the world thanks to negative western media constantly bringing up incidents like this, but there are FAR FAR FAR worse countries in the world when it comes to racism...

Nice whataboutism, but even if that's true it doesn't make this country any less racist.

On 15/02/2022 at 18:53, Skyfrog said:

Nice whataboutism, but even if that's true it doesn't make this country any less racist.

America is not nearly as racist as the media portrays it. People also jump to the conclusion that just because it's white people shooting at a black person that it's automatically about race, not every crime by a white person against a black person is automatically a hate crime. I'm not saying that this isn't the case here, but people label it before the facts are even in. We don't know the motivation of the shooters yet.

Edited by GheeButtersnaps
  • Like 1

On 16/02/2022 at 03:41, GheeButtersnaps said:

America is not nearly as racist as the media portrays it. People also jump to the conclusion that just because it's white people shooting at a black person that it's automatically about race, not every crime by a white person against a black person is automatically a hate crime. I'm not saying that this isn't the case here, but people label it before the facts are even in. We don't know the motivation of the shooters yet.

Thank you for getting my point.  Some folks just can't see past the media, it seems.

On 15/02/2022 at 22:41, GheeButtersnaps said:

It's plenty racist. It's just not mentioned outside of friends/family. The last few years it became more mainstream as high profile figures turned a blind eye, but it's definitely out there. And it's still a massive problem. We're hardly the worst, and yes, the media certainly hypes it up, but if I really wanted to, I could find someone at a restaurant or fast food joint waiting for food drop a racial slur pretty easily around a supposed swing state I'm in, I'm also in an area where the "hood" comes up right against stereotypical suburbia, the hate is plenty there.

• Like 2

On 16/02/2022 at 14:17, shockz said:

It's plenty racist. It's just not mentioned outside of friends/family. The last few years it became more mainstream as high profile figures turned a blind eye, but it's definitely out there. And it's still a massive problem. We're hardly the worst, and yes, the media certainly hypes it up, but if I really wanted to, I could find someone at a restaurant or fast food joint waiting for food drop a racial slur pretty easily around a supposed swing state I'm in, I'm also in an area where the "hood" comes up right against stereotypical suburbia, the hate is plenty there.

Racial problems certainly exist, but they're sensationalized far too often these days.  Case in point is this exact news article.  There's zero proof to say the color of the driver's skin played any factor into this.  The media loves creating racial and political division, so they waste no opportunity to push that agenda without supporting facts.  If a black cop shoots a white person, nobody hears about it.  If the colors are switched, it's instantly beamed around the world as a racist attack and riots pursue.  We've lived that for years and years now.  It's to the point that making false racial assumptions is causing more harm.  Not every white on ___ minority crime is a racial hate crime, but the media forces every case into that.  It's a shame because this country has made great strides over the past ~50 years, and this sort of thing takes us backwards.

On 16/02/2022 at 15:22, Chaos Mage said:

.....dude you completely missed the point https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/30/us/jacob-blake-shooting-one-week-later/

Your article is about a clear cut case of an unwarranted police shooting.  It doesn't make some irrational claim that it was a racial issue. Where were the riots and national outcry from that? 

Now do the same for Jacob Blake or George Floyd, and you're flooded with articles that immediately go for a race card dunk.  THAT'S THE PROBLEM....

On 16/02/2022 at 15:36, Astra.Xtreme said:

.....dude you completely missed the point https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/30/us/jacob-blake-shooting-one-week-later/

Your article is about a clear cut case of an unwarranted police shooting.  It doesn't make some irrational claim that it was a racial issue. Where were the riots and national outcry from that? 

Now do the same for Jacob Blake or George Floyd, and you're flooded with articles that immediately go for a race card dunk.  THAT'S THE PROBLEM....

...George Floyd was also an unwarranted police killing and although I haven't followed the case that closely I'm pretty sure the officer in charge is in jail and the other three are still on trial.  I dunno Blake.

One article is hardly representative of everything the media has said, though generally the reason white people aren't mentioned in a minority treatment context is they aren't a minority.

On 16/02/2022 at 13:50, Chaos Mage said:

...George Floyd was also an unwarranted police killing and although I haven't followed the case that closely I'm pretty sure the office in charge is in jail and the other three are still on trial.  I dunno Blake.

One article is hardly representative of everything the media has said.

The media bias might be hard for someone to notice if they aren't paying attention. For example, if there is ever a shooting that involves a white shooter and a black victim, the races are listed in the headline and it's portrayed as a racist event, however if the races are reversed the media will leave out the race of those involved, and sometimes they intentionally don't show pictures of the shooter or list their names to help hide their identity. And when the stories don't fit their narrative they drop them, look how fast the news stopped talking about Waukesha or the assassination attempt on Craig Greenberg, .

• Like 2

On 12/02/2022 at 22:34, Sikh said:

Exactly this! I had a couple of men delivery furniture to my house a few years back. They were in a rental truck, but one of them had a UPS uniform, indicating that the person clearly had two jobs but did not have time to change into regular clothes.

On 16/02/2022 at 16:03, GheeButtersnaps said:

The media bias might be hard for someone to notice if they aren't paying attention. For example, if there is ever a shooting the involves a white shooter and a black victim, the races are listed in the headline and it's portrayed as a racist event, however if the races are reversed the media will leave out the race of those involved, and sometimes they intentionally don't show pictures of the shooter or list their names to help hide their identity. Also look how fast the news stopped talking about Waukesha or the assassination attempt on Craig Greenberg, when the stories don't fit their narrative they drop them.

I admit racial issues aren't overly interesting to me...I don't live in Minneapolis and I'm a boring white guy.

I don't agree that this case is overly sensationalized (there's no other obvious reason for anyone to shoot at a service worker.)

On 16/02/2022 at 14:12, Chaos Mage said:

I admit racial issues aren't overly interesting to me...I don't live in Minneapolis and I'm a boring white guy.

I don't agree that this case is overly sensationalized (there's no other obvious reason for anyone to shoot at a service worker.)

The media is making this about race when so far there is no evidence that it was racially motivated. That's my only problem with the reporting of the story here. The story should still be reported on, but they should do it responsibly and honestly. Not fan the flames of racial tension.

On 16/02/2022 at 16:19, Astra.Xtreme said:

Racial problems certainly exist, but they're sensationalized far too often these days.  Case in point is this exact news article.  There's zero proof to say the color of the driver's skin played any factor into this.  The media loves creating racial and political division, so they waste no opportunity to push that agenda without supporting facts.  If a black cop shoots a white person, nobody hears about it.  If the colors are switched, it's instantly beamed around the world as a racist attack and riots pursue.  We've lived that for years and years now.  It's to the point that making false racial assumptions is causing more harm.  Not every white on ___ minority crime is a racial hate crime, but the media forces every case into that.  It's a shame because this country has made great strides over the past ~50 years, and this sort of thing takes us backwards.

I never said otherwise? I agreed with the person I quoted in context regarding the media too. Doesn't negate that it's still out there, it's just more passive aggressive vs stringing up people on trees now...and  in some circumstances that's still happening, its jus rotated from African Americans to Asians (particularly after Covid) and Middle Eastern dissents when it comes to hate crimes. America is still plenty racist.