When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Here’s how it works.

Microsoft may announce GoldenEye 007 remaster soon

This is a screenshot from GoldenEye 007

GoldenEye 007 launched in 1997 and is regarded as cult classic. Not only is it still the best James Bond game ever made, but it's one of the best first-person shooters to date. If you haven't played GoldenEye 007, you may get the chance soon on modern consoles.

According to VentureBeat's Jeff Grubb, a GoldenEye 007 remaster from Microsoft may be announced in the coming weeks. He said the following on his podcast.

I think that Microsoft is going to be the one to announce that first. I think this game is probably coming pretty soon, I’m thinking next couple of weeks.

While it would've been nice to receive a complete remake, it seems like this version will feature a higher resolution and faster frame rate. It may be based on the Xbox 360 port that was shelved years ago due to licensing issues and an overeager team.

In a report by VGC, the outlet said that Rare developers were unlocking Xbox achievements for an unannounced GoldenEye 007 remaster in January 2022. The licensing issues may have been resolved and the project may be revealed later this month.

Would you play a GoldenEye 007 remaster? Did you play the original? Let us know in the comments below.

Report a problem with article
SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD
Next Article

SSD Deal: SanDisk 2TB Extreme Portable external SSD is 50% off

snagit 2022 logo
Previous Article

Save 36% off a Snagit 2022 license + 1-Yr of Maintenance updates