Improving support for Switch pro controller on Windows 11???

My favourite controller of all-time is the Gamecube controller, as far as I'm concerned, the form factor is better than any current gen controller. So naturally, I bought a Switch wireless gamecube style pro controller (I also have a switch). Anyways, it connects via bluetooth to my computer just fine, and it works pretty well for any games I load up via steam. But there are a couple minor QoL things I'm wondering if anybody knows a solution for:

1. I'm pretty exclusively using this controller on my PC right now. But every time I turn the controller back on, I have to remove the device in my bluetooth options, then re-discover it. Would be much nicer if it would just connect.
  2. Games that can't be bought through steam... I can load them up via steam and that kinda works a lot of the time... but a lot of the time it doesn't work very well. Certain things don't seem to map very well in certain games if they're not games native to Steam.

I'm not sure if there's a driver or background app that I could install that would make windows recognize the controller as a gamepad, and/or help with it reconnecting. Or if anyone else has any experience with using switch pro controllers on windows and found some better workarounds for some of these issues, any tips would be appreciated! Thanks