DVD Burning Software in Windows 11 Pro x64bit

Question

Is it wise to still use Imgburn or should i install Nero Express 2016 that came with my USB DVD Writer?       Main uses will be small little file backups on dvd discs,  and using the drive to watch DVD's at times on either Desktop Computer or Secondary Gaming Laptop

Don't anticipate heavy use unlike years ago when i was doing video projects with family videos with DVD Recorder on TV of family camcorder old vhs tape conversions, and copy on older PC drive.      I anticipate lighter use than in the past

6 answers to this question

I'd say your better off with Imgburn rather than using an old version of Nero personally; I haven't recommended Nero since the v6 days of the app honestly.

Do think am better off with Imgburn now that i thought more about it,  as Secondry Gaming Laptops C Nvme m.2 is small drive right now,  only 120GB--that i still have to get upgraded soon as can,   Installing Nero Burn & Archive 2016 probably would take a ton of space on that system,     whereas if i install Imgburn i can do basic data disc backups,  use less space, and resources.    

So definitely gonna go with Imgburn, believe it should work fine with WIndows 11

yeah that was the problem with Nero after v6; it just became a bloated mess for little benefit

unless you need specific features from Nero that Imgburn doesn't have then you're overall better off with Imgburn :) 

ImgBurn ; it's the best general burning software.

you can even overburn standard audio CD's with it if you want as I can get at least 82min15sec (82:14:66) on standard/cheaper Verbatim 700MB/80min CD-R's (CMC Magnetics media code).

p.s. ImgBurn is what I use on Linux Mint through PlayOnLinux (I currently have Wine v6.0.1 32bit setup with it) which uses Wine. NOTE: you got to change Wine to 'WinXP' mode and use SPTI in the ImgBurn options for it to work on Linux is the gist of it.

I just copy the imgburn install folder from my PC to another and run the exe. No need to even run the installer. Works like a portable app. Its also fun to replace the sound effect .wavs with something more entertaining. 

Will have to get Some Audio CD's again, been a long time since i burned an Audio CD,     Typically lately its minor DVD+RW Discs, or DVD-R at times, not as much burned unlike back in early 2000's,  but still use portable dvd writer driver off and on for various small little projects or tasks 

Imgburn though seems to be working well so far, and seems less bloat on the Desktop and Laptop machine it's used with mostly