Study finds ivermectin does not treat COVID-19 - FOX news and MAGA types disagree

On 04/04/2022 at 12:45, DeathLace said:

I'm willing to bet there isn't 7 hours of a gap from any president from 1960 onwards, ignoring when they're sleeping.

Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to take their horse blinders off... But after watching the Trump Cult eat horse dewormer for the last year, I doubt that'll happen.

There would be no way to know if that is true or not.

Calling it horse dewormer is a bit disingenuous, it's a drug with a great safety record that has been given to millions of humans, it won the creators of the drug the Nobel Peace Prize. 

On 04/04/2022 at 14:54, Gurn Blandsten said:

Calling it horse dewormer is a bit disingenuous, it's a drug with a great safety record that has been given to millions of humans, it won the creators of the drug the Nobel Peace Prize. 

it’s true that Ivermectin does have its place in use for humans but treating covid isn’t one of them. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/30/health/covid-ivermectin-hospitalization.amp.html

On 04/04/2022 at 15:54, Gurn Blandsten said:

You spelled horses wrong. 🤪

On 04/04/2022 at 12:59, mudslag said:

it’s true that Ivermectin does have its place in use for humans but treating covid isn’t one of them. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/30/health/covid-ivermectin-hospitalization.amp.html

That is still debatable. A lot of these studies have been flawed. Ivermectin requires Zinc for it to be effective against Covid-19. If they left Zinc out of this study like they have in the past it's not going to work very well.

On 04/04/2022 at 15:59, primortal said:

You spelled horses wrong.

Now you are just horsing around.

This drug is sold in most pharmacies.

It is great antiparasitic drug and it is been used for a long time..

While it use for human for covid is dubious. It is not a veterinarian drug at all.

I hope you are just joking (I hope) but calling it a horse medicine is totally misguided.

And if used correctly if might not cure covid (and it is not supposed to do on its own anyway) but trust me - you still get rid of your parasites ,🤣🤣🤣

On 04/04/2022 at 15:07, Gurn Blandsten said:

That is still debatable. A lot of these studies have been flawed. Ivermectin requires Zinc for it to be effective against Covid-19. If they left Zinc out of this study like they have in the past it's not going to work very well.

Support for your claims? 

On 04/04/2022 at 22:37, mudslag said:

Support for your claims? 

I'm sure he has many many years of experience as a virologist under his belt...

On 04/04/2022 at 15:54, Gurn Blandsten said:

I called it horse dewormer because the people taking it are taking the horse version. The same people who believed drinking bleach would work, HCQ works, and that Trump literally created a vaccine himself.

Real non-grifting doctors aren’t prescribing the human one, because, as we’ve known all along, it’s not for treating COVID.

it’s insane that you literally think that’s a huge chance that the US would have MULTIPLE gaps of phone records of 7+ houses, with MULTIPLE presidents.

You will literally believe anything to justify Trump being a god.

You’re exactly like these people:

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMLQdJ242/

Sadly, you believing anything to justify Trump being a god isn’t even the saddest thing coming from you. 

That honour goes to you claiming to be an independent.

On 04/04/2022 at 21:07, Gurn Blandsten said:

Sigh.... :argh:

https://arstechnica.com/science/2022/03/largest-trial-to-date-finds-ivermectin-is-worthless-against-covid/

On 04/04/2022 at 18:57, Jim K said:

...but, but ... did they administer it with 🤡 zinc! 🤡

Well, they did write "Z"'s in ink on the pills.... Is that close enough?

I mean, if anyone felt better after taking it after all the tests that are fake because they didn't administer it with zinc, or iron, or potasium, etc... I think the bigger question would be what parasites did they have (as that's what it is an actual treatment for).

"Well, you still have COVID, but the 20lb tapeworm is finally gone!"

• Haha 3
On 04/04/2022 at 20:54, Gurn Blandsten said:

F0D9E101-C6B0-4DD8-8F34-C193B98C094C.jpeg

On 05/04/2022 at 07:32, Gurn Blandsten said:

That image refutes what I posted how?

Because you cited a known purveyor of fake Covid vaccine information, that's how.

On 04/04/2022 at 23:35, FloatingFatMan said:

Because you cited a known purveyor of fake Covid vaccine information, that's how.

This has nothing to do with the vaccine. Him being anti-vaccine or not doesn't have any impact on the flaws he points out in the study in this article.

On 05/04/2022 at 07:40, Gurn Blandsten said:

This has nothing to do with the vaccine. Him being anti-vaccine or not doesn't have any impact on the flaws he points out in the study in this article.

24452877-2983-45D0-A66F-D461324045DF.jpeg

On 04/04/2022 at 14:54, Gurn Blandsten said:

True...the creators won the 2015 Nobel price "for their discoveries concerning a novel therapy against infections caused by roundworm parasite"

https://www.nobelprize.org/prizes/medicine/2015/press-release/

William C. Campbell and Satoshi Ōmura discovered a new drug, Avermectin, the derivatives of which have radically lowered the incidence of River Blindness and Lymphatic Filariasis, as well as showing efficacy against an expanding number of other parasitic diseases. 

You know what isn't a "parasitic disease" ... COVID.

On 05/04/2022 at 00:51, Gurn Blandsten said:

"Whoops! The TOGETHER Trial actually showed that ivermectin worked."

https://stevekirsch.substack.com/p/did-the-together-study-show-that?s=r

Yea, sure ...it showed that ivermectin worked...so much so that the TOGETHER Trial stopped using it due to "futility."

https://www.togethertrial.com/trial-specifications

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2115869

Also, you citing Steve Kirsch 🤡.  

To bring this back to the actual topic ... if I had to choose between Steve Kirsch and Donald Trump  on COVID advice ... I would pick Trump.  Trump has at least, on very rare occasions, gave somewhat reasonable advice whereas Steve is just bat💩crazy.

On 05/04/2022 at 11:41, Jim K said:

Trump has at least, on very rare occasions, gave somewhat reasonable advice

A broken clock is correct twice each day!

On 05/04/2022 at 03:41, Jim K said:

True...the creators won the 2015 Nobel price "for their discoveries concerning a novel therapy against infections caused by roundworm parasite"

https://www.nobelprize.org/prizes/medicine/2015/press-release/

William C. Campbell and Satoshi Ōmura discovered a new drug, Avermectin, the derivatives of which have radically lowered the incidence of River Blindness and Lymphatic Filariasis, as well as showing efficacy against an expanding number of other parasitic diseases. 

You know what isn't a "parasitic disease" ... COVID.

Yea, sure ...it showed that ivermectin worked...so much so that the TOGETHER Trial stopped using it due to "futility."

https://www.togethertrial.com/trial-specifications

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2115869

Also, you citing Steve Kirsch 🤡.  

To bring this back to the actual topic ... if I had to choose between Steve Kirsch and Donald Trump  on COVID advice ... I would pick Trump.  Trump has at least, on very rare occasions, gave somewhat reasonable advice whereas Steve is just bat💩crazy.

Drugs often end up having multiple uses and are repurposed all the time. I brought up the Nobel Prize because it was given for Ivermectin's use in humans. (The user I quoted had called it "horse dewormer".)

If you read the article I posted you would see the flaws in the study. They didn't adjust dosage when they needed to, they started giving the drug too late, and they didn't use it in conjunction with Zinc. When doctors prescribe Ivermectin for Covid-19 in the real world, they prescribe it with Zinc. If they truly wanted to test if the treatment was effective, they would have included Zinc in the study.

And to keep this on topic, I think Trump's warp speed program for the vaccine was a mistake.

On 05/04/2022 at 12:01, margrave said:

Not if it hasn't got any clock hands!

What if it has really small hands but gets aggressively defensive anytime anyone mentions this?

On 05/04/2022 at 12:17, Gurn Blandsten said:

I brought up the Nobel Prize because it was given for Ivermectin's use in humans.

Against something massively irrelevant to COVID!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 05/04/2022 at 06:17, Gurn Blandsten said:

Drugs often end up having multiple uses and are repurposed all the time. I brought up the Nobel Prize because it was given for Ivermectin's use in humans. (The user I quoted had called it "horse dewormer".)

If you read the article I posted you would see the flaws in the study. They didn't adjust dosage when they needed to, they started giving the drug too late, and they didn't use it in conjunction with Zinc. When doctors prescribe Ivermectin for Covid-19 in the real world, they prescribe it with Zinc. If they truly wanted to test if the treatment was effective, they would have included Zinc in the study.

And to keep this on topic, I think Trump's warp speed program for the vaccine was a mistake.

Really?  As a healthcare worker for almost 30 years I had no idea that drugs could treat multiple unrelated issues.  /s

"If I read the article" .... why the 🦆 would I read an article from Steve?  He has zero credibility....zilch.  Yea, yea...zinc 🙄... neither HCQ or ivermectin works without zz zzz zinc!  Maybe zinc is the miracle treatment?  Anyway, GTFO here with that crap.  There is zero credible evidence that ivermectin works.  

Regarding "warp speed" ... why was it a mistake ... aside from the stupid name?