There are many great features available to you once you register at Neowin, including:

• Richer content, access to many features that are disabled for guests like commenting on the front page
  • Access to a great community, with a massive database of experience on hard & software issues, gaming and recreational activities, and more
  • Access to the Neowin IRC - you could make a friend from across the world and talk to them live
  • Access to Neowin contests & subscription offers and forums that are not open to guests/li>
  • It's simple, and FREE! · Register here

External SSD with windows 11 on it

Hi,

I have windows 11 hosted on an external SSD so I can run it on any PC i want to. When I connect it to my Apple laptop, I can get to the point where I need to create my PIN but it says I am unable to connect to the internet. I have tried to connect it using a USB ethernet adapter which I plugged into the laptop. When I tried entering in my FIOS account but when I enter in the password for it it doesnt take it. I either get one of the following messages "you can also connect by pushing the button on your router (which I havent tried yet and I assume it means to reboot it) or The network key isnt correct. Please try again. (I know it is correct password coz I can view it).

Any idea as to why it wont work wit the correct password?

TIA

I would imagine it has something to do with the fact that you're trying to run Windows 11 on an Apple laptop - there is likely some hardware incompatibility, and least as far as using an external SSD to run Windows on an Apple device. You do realize that when you run an OS on different hardware, Windows has to jump through hoops to reconfigure itself for the new hardware. I would imagine that is where the problem is lying.

Hello,

Perhaps it would be easier to create a Windows 11 virtual machine and store that on the external SSD, and then use virtual machine software on all of your different computers to access the VM on the external SSD?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

• Like 2