Help improve my website logo

Question

I need somebody to help me improve my website logo

I'm a photoshop idiot. Spent some time doing up this logo but feels that it looks very dull

I need you guys to help me to improve this logo to make it presentable and not so dull

Take a look at my logo

Basically, this logo will be located at the top left corner of my website, and to the right of the logo will be a stretch of black background (with grey borders)

I feel that its quite dull, especially when theres nothing behind the words...

Maybe add a polygon or something?

Somebody please spare me a bit of creative juice and improve this logo of mine...

The main theme for the website is grey, black, white....

post-31-1077002498.jpg

It looks alright, it has a lot of promise, but the font work could use a bit of TLC.

I'm sure Jmann can do wonders, he's great at this kind of thing.

Gee, thanks Forster. Your great too. :D

Right to the banner, well problem is with your site, is your colours, Grey White and Black! What can you do with them huh, of course they are ALWAYS going to equal a darker website. I sat down and thought about this one and I thought, 'Gradients' the best way to 'multi-mix' dark colour tones, and really this is what I came up with. I supplied a Repeater also for you so you can repeat the image to any size to make it look like it has been made for every browser, maybe add a little bit of JavaScript in there for broswer support as well? Hope you like the transformation, and oh yeah another problem I found was those little custom shapes, i.e. the Dog Paw and the Crown, all those custom shapes suck and can cause a lot of problems. The crown, deleted sorry it sucked and made the image look a tad tacky? Agree? Also I hated the Paw, but that is your logo, :blush: , so that has been kept, but in the future try to steer away from to things which makes an image look incredibly tacky:

1. Custom Art Shapes

2. Lens Flare (I know you did not use this but advice for other members)

Alright? Just a bit of friendly advice.

JMann

post-31-1077025442.gif

nice one JMann, you sure work wonders...

I like the background, but maybe u can make the Mobile@Home more defined...

and also, maybe change the color of M to something else..

How do you make a logo, something like what you have at the moment? I think its pretty cool...

Dont exactly know how to express but i think u should know what i mean ...

Edited by Akagi

Well... I certainly hope it represents something... Why would someone just randomly toss a dog paw into a logo without any thought? I will give it a go, but wanted to know what the paw represents before I move forward.

well...okay...my website is Mobile@Home... the paw/footprint is there, supposedly to give the "homely" feeling... Something like the prints of your dog that guards your house...

hmm....

well...okay...my website is Mobile@Home... the paw/footprint is there, supposedly to give the "homely" feeling... Something like the prints of your dog that guards your house...

hmm....

Ok well it doesn't work out like you had hoped. Do you already have a mobile @ home website? Someone here does; I remember that logo request a while back. Anyway, I will give it a go later today... no paw prints though lol. Trust me. :)

heh...it's me, i did that request the other time...but i wanted a little revamp...so tried my hands at making a logo but failed badly i guess...

EDIT: Oh ya, it might be useful to note that my website about Mobile Phones...

Edited by Akagi

Ahh... knew I saw this before. :) https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=108278&st=0 I would say that the logo you had could have used a more traditional feel, but you certainly were better off than with your most recent attempt. If you want a more "homey" feel you should first start with using some color; the grayscale is not very inviting. I suppose what you really want is a tech-home feel; something that shows both facets of your site.

I could do it at somepoint, but I suspect that MWilson would be able to help you sufficiently I will do it but I will let Forster and MWilson post there idea's first.

JMann

Edit. Oh um, MWilson, have you done that Landscaping Vector Logo I requested for you to do yet? Getting kinda desperate for it? :blush: PM me if you will.

adding colors to the banner is certainly fine with me...

as long as it looks nice and fits well on my site it will be good :)

Cant show u my site now cuz my host is down

but this is the theme that i use

skyLineGrey.gif

EDIT: HOw do you all put the picture and blend it so well into the background as seen in the banner in this thread

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=137609&st=30

Edit. Oh um, MWilson, have you done that Landscaping Vector Logo I requested for you to do yet? Getting kinda desperate for it? :blush: PM me if you will.

Oh ****e... forgot all bout it man sorry! I will get to it ASAP.