Elton John ft. Britney Spears - Hold Me Closer

Been listening to this the last few days - it's definitely an attempt to recapture that lightning he had with Dua Lipa, and I like it although not quite as much.

I'm confused by Britney though.  She keeps claiming she wants to stay away from the music industry (hinting at the horrendous things that we DON'T yet know have happened), and then she does this.  Maybe guest vocalling is different somehow?

Either way, it's nice to see that she's using her lower voice a little here - we all know that the baby voice was pushed onto her by the label.

On 28/08/2022 at 12:35, Dick Montage said:

I'm confused by Britney though.  She keeps claiming she wants to stay away from the music industry (hinting at the horrendous things that we DON'T yet know have happened), and then she does this.  Maybe guest vocalling is different somehow?

Everything I've heard has been more about her own family sponging off her for decades, her own father was her manager and pressured her to continue making music when she didn't want to because of the conservatorship.

I still think she had a nervous breakdown when she found out her sister was pregnant from a paparazzi and not Jamie-Lee or her own family.

• Like 1

On 28/08/2022 at 11:49, Steven P. said:

Everything I've heard has been more about her own family sponging off her for decades, her own father was her manager and pressured her to continue making music when she didn't want to because of the conservatorship.

I still think she had a nervous breakdown when she found out her sister was pregnant from a paparazzi and not Jamie-Lee or her own family.

Ah that - I thought she was hinting at more.

Still, at least SHE gets paid for this.