Queen Elizabeth II has died RIP

On 08/09/2022 at 12:29, FloatingFatMan said:

I don't want her to go... I mean.. Think about it. King Charles.....

Oh god...

You guys could always treat Charlie III same as the other two ☠️

She had a long rule, no doubt about it. Such an inspiration! At least she's in a better place, now though, to be honest. RIP your highness! You'll forever be a true queen!

• Like 1

I wonder if people outside of the UK really understand her role here.

I'm not a royalist but I do like having a Royal Family. The pageantry brings people together and allows us to celebrate being British. Not many things are celebrated these days. Christmas has become an eating and booze fest, New Year's is similar but Royalty is in our roots.

Disappointing some (on that hole that is Twitter) are cursing her... for things that happened way before the Queen was even born, but then perhaps they are applying how royalty is done in their country to how it is in the UK.

Not sure Clinton, Bush or Biden will get this level of sadness from around the world. Perhaps some sort of resemblance within the US.

I can't think of a person alive today that holds more respect from world leaders than the Queen has. That's some feat.

On 09/09/2022 at 08:40, Sir Topham Hatt said:

I wonder if people outside of the UK really understand her role here.

I'm not a royalist but I do like having a Royal Family. The pageantry brings people together and allows us to celebrate being British. Not many things are celebrated these days. Christmas has become an eating and booze fest, New Year's is similar but Royalty is in our roots.

Disappointing some (on that hole that is Twitter) are cursing her... for things that happened way before the Queen was even born, but then perhaps they are applying how royalty is done in their country to how it is in the UK.

Not sure Clinton, Bush or Biden will get this level of sadness from around the world. Perhaps some sort of resemblance within the US.

I can't think of a person alive today that holds more respect from world leaders than the Queen has. That's some feat.

I find the easiest way to explain it to Americans is to give them a comparison with something closer to home.  We (in general) think of our royal family much like most American's think of their Founding Fathers.  Respected, revered in many ways, and much loved.  Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is to us what Abraham Lincoln is to many Americans.

• Like 4

On 08/09/2022 at 17:26, foolsfolly said:

The Queen when Meghan Markle comes to say her goodbyes

bahwahahahahahahahah .... That had me laughing out loud.

Ladies and gents, I present to you... The most British thing EVER!

None of your random Do It Yourself queuing around here, thank for very much! Organisation! Efficiency! 

• Like 3

• 6 months later...
On 19/09/2022 at 04:02, FloatingFatMan said:

Hey Mr Trump!  Today's the day of the Queen's funeral, and all of worlds the most important and influential people are there!

Guess what?  YOU'RE NOT! :rofl: 

stay classy. 

in other news this hasn't been commented on since September. I don't think it needs to stay pinned.

• Steven P. unpinned this topic