Office Says it'll Stop Working on the 11th of November?

Downloaded and installed Office 365 on a newly built PC. Signed in with my university account and downloaded Office like I had done last time.

However Word then says it'll stop working after the 11th of November or something similar.

Is this because my university licence has ran out or is it because they're changing to the unified Office app thing? 

• 2 months later...
On 28/10/2022 at 09:04, Sir Topham Hatt said:

Downloaded and installed Office 365 on a newly built PC. Signed in with my university account and downloaded Office like I had done last time.

However Word then says it'll stop working after the 11th of November or something similar.

Is this because my university licence has ran out or is it because they're changing to the unified Office app thing? 

Tell us what happened 😛 

• Like 2

On 06/01/2023 at 15:31, Steven P. said:

Tell us what happened 😛 

Well...

I should have said I'm not at University anymore (and wasn't at the start of the thread).  It was a mature student course (distance learning - I never attended the Uni).

However, the Office 365 login works, so I go to office.com, login with my Uni address and download and have Office.

I am signed in with my personal address but the "Subscription Product" says it belongs to University address.  I'm sure before, I could get rid of the University address and it would still be fine.  Maybe not?  I have forgotten now.

So all in all, I have Office still - it carried on working.  I guess it said it would stop working as when I removed the Uni address, it became unlicenced and went to a trial?

On 11/01/2023 at 15:23, Sir Topham Hatt said:

So all in all, I have Office still - it carried on working.  I guess it said it would stop working as when I removed the Uni address, it became unlicenced and went to a trial?

Yeah sounds about right.

• Like 2

On 11/01/2023 at 14:23, Sir Topham Hatt said:

I am signed in with my personal address but the "Subscription Product" says it belongs to University address.  I'm sure before, I could get rid of the University address and it would still be fine.  Maybe not?  I have forgotten now.

On that office account page to the left of that you can switch account and be signed in with your personal account for general use. Everything will then default to using your personal account, however Office will remain licenced to your Uni account.

You can switch on the fly by clicking on your account name in the top right, near the minimise button.

The licence does get revoked if you remove the account Office is licenced to in my experience.

• 2 weeks later...

SInce you aren't at the uni anymore, they probably ended your license, why would they pay for you to use their software if you weren't there?