• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

xp & bg color of menus..

gregor    3

not in all programs, but some, where i noticed this.. i have a problem.. MSN, winzip, ultraedit... are showing WHITE background of menu (File, Edit, View,...), but just where the text is, so background color for text in menu is white and not the color it should be....

i have xp rtm and new driver for my graphic card.

help.. it's verry anyoing..

thankyou all :p

RossDundas    11

i've experienced this bug ........it usually only happens if you change multiple visual styles in a single windows session.

i wouldn't worry about it dude.

WishBone17    0

I also have that problem, it's not a real big problem, should be a little patch soon

Krome    204

That's kinda stupid that Microsoft make that kinda operating system... I bet you guys must have a bad graphic card or that WinXP is fake...

configure    1

That often happen to me when I switch from Game, to my desktop. Prolly it's because my game is running on 640x480, but after I make those button refresh, it's back to normal..

Jack Frost    0

I also have experienced this problem as well and corrected it for the time being by going to Control Panel > Display then on the Appearance tab i clicked on the Advanced button and changed the Color 1 setting for Menu to something else and applied it then went back and set it to the color i wanted and applied that

So far i only had that prob once and i would guess it will happen again till it's fixed with a patch or something

gregor    3

Jack Frost:

thanks.. looks great now..

and another thin': i have nvidia gf2mx, so, there shouldn't be any problem,.. what do you think? i'm also not playing any games, but when i turn on comp, that happens.. ok,.. now thanks to Jack Frost, i fix it!

thanks ;)