Article Not Found after replying to topic

I think this has been reported before but I can't find the thread.

Often when I reply to a News article on the front page I am presented with the Article not found image below, I then use the back arrow and post again which sometimes works and sometimes doesn't which requires another back arrow attempt.

This is using an Android browser on both my phone and tablet.

The image below is a result of me posting here. https://www.neowin.net/news/it-is-not-just-youskype-and-onedrive-are-down/

Screenshot_20230102_131438_Vivaldi Browser.jpg

I got this too for the first time today.  What browser are you using?

image.png.b93d78aa1c5f7a804206d150ec04e23f.png

Also, have you also been getting weird behavior too when you go to reply?

image.png.f4249c0c6af1517d630347fc70d35bb0.png

I'm currently using Microsoft Edge 108.0.1462.54 (Official build) (64-bit) for Windows.

Still getting this, it took 4 attempts to post this time and if I tried to quote someone I just got a page of text on white background.

Any update on getting this fixed?

On 08/01/2023 at 13:24, SnoopZ said:

Still getting this, it took 4 attempts to post this time and if I tried to quote someone I just got a page of text on white background.

Any update on getting this fixed?

I just tested on Chrome on Android and the comment went through without a problem:

x5t9lhe.png

Do you have any extensions enabled, like an adblocker?

On 08/01/2023 at 15:05, Nick H. said:

I just tested on Chrome on Android and the comment went through without a problem:

x5t9lhe.png

Do you have any extensions enabled, like an adblocker?

I do as it's default for my browser - Vivaldi but it happens if it is disabled. As others have said it's completely random, seems to be triggered 50% of the time commenting on the front page, but it's been pointed out it's an issue they're aware of and waiting for the developer to fix it.

Edit

I can't find where they said it was being looked out maybe I'm thinking of a different issue.

On 08/01/2023 at 16:30, Steven P. said:

@DaveLeggjust applied a fix, so when you are in an article again, please press ctrl + f5 to force full reload.

How do I do that when it's happening on mobile with Android?

There seems to be 2 issues here, the article not found issue when posting on news article and the wall of text when quoting on a news article as seen in the images above, not sure if it's the same issue.

Still getting the issue Steve, I tried with ad blocking on and off, and when clicking to quote on the front page it can take 2-3 attempts before it doesn't work, I'm guessing I would also see the article not found issue as I think it is related.

It happens under these circumstances for me.

Mobile multiple Android browsers and devices with and without ad blocking turned on.

Only seems to happen on the front page news articles although I may not have used it enough lately to test on Windows or in the Forum.

Atleast 1 other person is seeing the issue in this thread.

If there is anything else you wish me to check let me know. :)

• Like 1

Clearing cookies won't clear the cache. Try in incognito mode, that should ignore anything you already have in cache in "normal" mode - if it works there, then it's likely just a cache problem, if not, then it's probably still an issue. If you're still getting it, could you let me know what browser you're using, so I can try to reproduce it myself

• Like 1

On 08/01/2023 at 18:37, DaveLegg said:

Clearing cookies won't clear the cache. Try in incognito mode, that should ignore anything you already have in cache in "normal" mode - if it works there, then it's likely just a cache problem, if not, then it's probably still an issue. If you're still getting it, could you let me know what browser you're using, so I can try to reproduce it myself

Still getting it in Incognito and I'm using Vivaldi for Android, below is the error I see when quoting last post here with ad block on, I get a slightly different error with adblock off, this is from this front page article https://www.neowin.net/deals/wd-red-plus-10tb-and-6tb-nas-hdds-available-at-discounted-prices-on-amazon/

I got the exact same error in Chrome as below but it took several repeated attempts to get it, it happened on first try in Vivaldi, but I get a different error using Edge in the second quote but I believe I have seen both errors in all browsers.

{"status":"ok","data":"

they are going up and down<\/p><\/blockquote>\n\n

<\/p>\n"}

<blockquote class="ipsQuote" data-cite="hellowalkman" data-ipsquote="" data-ipsquote-timestamp="1673114549" data-ipsquote-userid="649440" data-ipsquote-username="hellowalkman" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic" data-ipsquote-contentid="1424752" data-ipsquote-contentcommentid="598788587"><p>they are going up and down</p></blockquote>

<p></p>

There was a bug in my earlier attempt to fix this, I've just resolved that. Please clear cache / ctrl + F5 / try incognito mode and let me know if you're still seeing the issue

• Thanks 2

On 08/01/2023 at 18:55, SnoopZ said:

Still getting it in Incognito and I'm using Vivaldi for Android, below is the error I see when quoting last post here with ad block on, I get a slightly different error with adblock off, this is from this front page article https://www.neowin.net/deals/wd-red-plus-10tb-and-6tb-nas-hdds-available-at-discounted-prices-on-amazon/

I got the exact same error in Chrome as below but it took several repeated attempts to get it, it happened on first try in Vivaldi, but I get a different error using Edge in the second quote but I believe I have seen both errors in all browsers.

Everything seems to be working here from my limited testing.

On 10/01/2023 at 12:44, DaveLegg said:

There was a bug in my earlier attempt to fix this, I've just resolved that. Please clear cache / ctrl + F5 / try incognito mode and let me know if you're still seeing the issue

I think you nailed it, no issues here either. Cheers!

On 10/01/2023 at 19:44, DaveLegg said:

Liking and commenting appears to be fine again https://wd-red-plus-10tb-and-6tb-nas-hdds-available-at-discounted-prices-on-amazon/#comment-598789202

But that other bug where the comment editor already has a bunch of spaces pre-typed is still there.

image.png

I did F12 (open dev tools) and CTRL + F5 to clear cache.

On 10/01/2023 at 19:24, Steven P. said:

Liking and commenting appears to be fine again https://wd-red-plus-10tb-and-6tb-nas-hdds-available-at-discounted-prices-on-amazon/#comment-598789202

But that other bug where the comment editor already has a bunch of spaces pre-typed is still there.

image.png

I did F12 (open dev tools) and CTRL + F5 to clear cache.

I hadn't looked at that issue yet. Try now?

On 10/01/2023 at 20:26, DaveLegg said:

I hadn't looked at that issue yet. Try now?

The extra space appears to be gone, but the permission denied still persists, even with adblock

Not sure why but i I just received an email notification for this thread but all email notifications are disabled! Asking me if this answered my question.

Is this a bug?

It seems like a bug, I also get email notification a day or more after I last replied :( 

On 16/01/2023 at 16:03, SnoopZ said:

Not sure why but i I just received an email notification for this thread but all email notifications are disabled! Asking me if this answered my question.

Is this a bug?

image.png

Check this is unchecked (it was enabled on mine, I just disabled it) https://www.neowin.net/forum/notifications/options/?type=core_Content

On 16/01/2023 at 15:03, SnoopZ said:

Is this a bug?

It sounds like that's because this forum is setup as a Q&A forum, and the forum is asking you to mark a reply as the accepted answer - rather than notifying you of a new reply

On 16/01/2023 at 17:28, DaveLegg said:

It sounds like that's because this forum is setup as a Q&A forum, and the forum is asking you to mark a reply as the accepted answer - rather than notifying you of a new reply

Maybe a dumb question but I have no idea how to mark the forum as the accepted answer as I see nothing to click?

On 16/01/2023 at 16:33, Steven P. said:

It seems like a bug, I also get email notification a day or more after I last replied :( 

image.png

Check this is unchecked (it was enabled on mine, I just disabled it) https://www.neowin.net/forum/notifications/options/?type=core_Content

Just unchecked this.