ssd question

would like to ask you all .Would I notice any  difference on these two besides size .....SAMSUNG 990 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe 4.0 M.2 Internal Solid State Drive vs nvme kxg70znv512g nvme kioxia 512gb

the nvme kxg70znv512g nvme kioxia 512gb is my alienware r13  
Processor    12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12600KF   3.69 GHz
Installed RAM    48.0 GB (47.8 GB usable)

in use now

thx in advance! 

On 16/01/2023 at 04:23, Terry504 said:

would like to ask you all .Would I notice any  difference on these two besides size .....SAMSUNG 990 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe 4.0 M.2 Internal Solid State Drive vs nvme kxg70znv512g nvme kioxia 512gb

the nvme kxg70znv512g nvme kioxia 512gb is my alienware r13  
Processor    12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12600KF   3.69 GHz
Installed RAM    48.0 GB (47.8 GB usable)

in use now

thx in advance! 

Yes in professional workloads like copying large Adobe Premiere or running VIrtual Machines in Hyper-v. In the real world with bootup times and loading games no as they are so fast today your CPU and ram is the bottleneck on any modern NVME drive.

However, this year or next a PCI E version 5 and maybe a 4 will use the Xbox DirectX directWrite storage similiar to the xbox which will greatly reduce game loading assets. I do not know if it wil be backported to older PCI 3 drives. Look the drives PCIE version. If you have an older system like Intel 11xx or Ryzen 2xx or older that is irrelevent as the motherboards only support PCIE 3

• Like 2