Getting pop up in Edge on Linux to allow ads. Neowin is white listed.

On 26/01/2023 at 13:07, Steven P. said:

My contact told me it is now disabled for Edge browser users.

Was just coming back to say they must have disabled it already. Removed Neowin from that setting and no pop ups. :)

On 26/01/2023 at 11:18, Steven P. said:

Err you shouldn't be getting anything at all, you're a ad-free subscriber. We remove all the ad codes for users in that group.

Unless you are browsing while logged out?

I was logged out at the time, yes.  Fresh install.  I need to stay out of the Insider program :p :) 

On 28/01/2023 at 00:48, SnoopZ said:

Somehow I think that's none of our business. Lol

It’s not uncommon for businesses to list figures related to their finances.

On 28/01/2023 at 07:35, freqnasty said:

It’s not uncommon for businesses to list figures related to their finances.

Yeah, it is quite common (and a requirement) for businesses that are public and have shareholders.

On 28/01/2023 at 15:14, foolsfolly said:

Why do you want to know, what is your agenda?

Purely out of curiosity. Interested to know what a site this size can make in ad revenue each year.

• Haha 1

It's still not our business and it's not a Plc, I'd be offended if someone asked me how much I earned, I mean come on!

I can guarantee Neowin obviously won't release such information.

On 29/01/2023 at 07:39, SnoopZ said:

It's still not our business and it's not a Plc, I'd be offended if someone asked me how much I earned, I mean come on!

Nor should they be asked to. I agree. Even if they were a publicly traded company, it wouldn’t be released on a forum @freqnasty.

I got a response on Thursday but I didn't see it.. here is what they said:

Hey Steve! Regarding the Edge Admiral issue...The issue here is Edge with Strict settings enabled. So, even if a user disabled their installed adblocker, the browser itself is still blocking ads due to the Strict setting. That’s why the Admiral message would still be displaying to those users as they are still blocking ads. Basically, what we had already figured out.

Do you know if any of the users who reported this issue stated that they disabled their adblocker, were seeing ads, and yet still seeing the Admiral message? It doesn’t sound like that’s the case here but if you have reports that indicate otherwise Admiral would like to know.

It sort of looks like the Edge browser was manually set to strict. I really wonder if the browser settings were reset to default, if that would fix the problem.

On 04/02/2023 at 07:52, Steven P. said:

I got a response on Thursday but I didn't see it.. here is what they said:

It sort of looks like the Edge browser was manually set to strict. I really wonder if the browser settings were reset to default, if that would fix the problem.

Yes, I did manually set tracking prevention to strict and enabled the enhance your security on the web to basic. I know you already had disabled what was causing issue, but just for the heck of it, I disabled those 2 settings and things worked like normal.

• 1 month later...
On 29/01/2023 at 20:53, PaulATMOS said:

Purely out of curiosity. Interested to know what a site this size can make in ad revenue each year.

Is enough to make them swapping writers each time 

On 30/01/2023 at 01:39, SnoopZ said:

Such thing shouldn't be posted online, Is not like other tech sites are announcing this sort of information too.